This thread is locked, you cannot reply.
  • MXT
    MXT
    User
    Member since May 05, 2017

Dear Community,

today, on the 02nd of February 2018, we decided to suspend any evidence of cheating, hosted by the AntiCheatInc (short ACI), from being used to issue valid bans on BF4DB. This suspension takes effect immediately.

We kindly ask you not to report players based on evidence that is only hosted on ACI and/or publish any ACI native information in public BF4DB threads (as already mentioned in their own policy regarding playerdata).

As we are not able to confirm PunkBuster violations or valid PunkBuster Screenshots that have only been logged on ACI we are discontinuing ACI data as valid evidence to base reports and bans on.

If you want to report a player based on an ACI-logged violation please check the player's PunkBuster guid on GGC and PBBans. If the violation is also logged at either of these two services we will be able to issue a permament ban based on what was provided. If that is the case please provide a link to the GGC/PBBans violation/ban in the report thread.

If the violation is NOT logged at either GGC or PBBans we can't and won't issue a valid suspension on BF4DB.

According to ACI's policy you may be banned from their website and tools for publishing playerdata they collected, so for your own security please refrain from posting anything from ACI here on BF4DB. Any post/thread found to be violating their policy will be removed or censored immediately to protect you and your access at ACI.

We are open minded about this suspension and will consider revoking it if we receive basic permissions over at ACI allowing us to at least validate reports that have been made based on evidence only hosted on ACI.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Your BF4DB team!

• MXT
    Retired Staff
    Member since May 27, 2017

Hope you guys can work things out with them.  ACI is a top notch crew.

• MXT
    Retired Staff

They have a standing invitation to collaborate with us and have access to our tools, but haven’t been taken up on yet. We’re all on the same team, no sense in working against each other. 

• MXT
    Retired Staff

So top notch they reported someone here for cheating without any proof, then refused to share said proof. Super top notch.

• MXT
    Retired Staff

"

So top notch they reported someone here for cheating without any proof, then refused to share said proof. Super top notch.

Angry_Cuban13

Who was it?  I've been working with ACI since the early 2000s and they've always shown the utmost integrity.

@Sovereign_Skies have you applied to be an admin there and get access to their private stuff?  I bet that would let you do the verification you need.  There's lots of nice private goodies over there that you get once accepted as a member.

• MXT
    Administrator
    Member since May 08, 2017

"

"

Angry_Cuban13

Who was it?  I've been working with ACI since the early 2000s and they've always shown the utmost integrity.

@Sovereign_Skies have you applied to be an admin there and get access to their private stuff?  I bet that would let you do the verification you need.  There's lots of nice private goodies over there that you get once accepted as a member.

neonardo1
    I think there have been several attempts. I personally get banned every time I make an account.

• MXT
    Retired Staff

"

"

Angry_Cuban13

neonard1

The have blocked access to all of our accounts. My access was blocked about a week or 2 after BF4DB relaunched and well before I was a moderator here. I don't know why, but my guess is that I had an account with this service or that I am in a platoon with MXT who was a mod here at the time (and still is). Most of our staff cannot even look up a player on ACI to confirm if ACI has issued a ban for said player. Someone making a brand new account could get more info than we can. I've heard that the old BF4DB staff had some issues with ACI but none of that staff is with this service.

We've seen people with ACI access get that access revoked simply for sharing ban info with us. While we appreciate the communities tenacity in finding cheaters we do not want them to lose access to a resource like ACI.

• MXT
    Retired Staff

DQqq4Uh.png

I never posted in the forums except one time to try and get streaming admin access when we streamed to their service on a few servers. Never sent any DM's and never spoke out against ACI before this happened. I still don't know why it happened

• MXT
    User

Same thing happened to me about a month ago.Soldier said i was sharing info from ACI. I never have never shared anything from ACI and when I asked him about it he never got back to me, so the only thing i can see is that they saw my membership here and terminated my use  of the history tool. Seems a shame that 1 anti-cheat site is at odds with another AC site and members pay the price. As mentioned above we are all fighting the same battle ,the cheaters.

• MXT
    Gold Supporter
    Member since June 16, 2017

"

Same thing happened to me about a month ago.Soldier said i was sharing info from ACI. I never have never shared anything from ACI and when I asked him about it he never got back to me, so the only thing i can see is that they saw my membership here and terminated my use  of the history tool. Seems a shame that 1 anti-cheat site is at odds with another AC site and members pay the price. As mentioned above we are all fighting the same battle ,the cheaters.

thegrizz72
    I got kicked from Council exakt the same way after 4 years as a staff member!

Btw: They even cancelled my Birthday in their calender. It' s pure disrespect...

• MXT
    Retired Staff

"

"

thegrizz72
    I got kicked from Council exakt the same way after 4 years as a staff member!

Btw: They even cancelled my Birthday in their calender. It' s pure disrespect...

Torsten-AUR-

Now I'm confused.  I'd been seeing your name over there for years :-/  This is surely a shame whatever the problem is.

• MXT
    MXT
    User

They kicked Torsten out of ACI because he was supposedly sharing history tool data with us as BF4DB which is utterly false.  Apart from the fact that, even if he actually did offer us to share data with us, we would've declined it anyway because we are aware of the actions ACI is taking against their own members for supporting us as a third party anti-cheat, we have a pretty huge database covering several millions of unique players including their guids, ips etc. We are literally one of the last ones who would need data support from others.

• MXT
    User
    Member since June 05, 2017

I was kicked from ACI  and receive threat from soldier and he told me that he would ban anyone sharing ACI information with me.

I would say good riddance.

• MXT
    Retired Staff

Also, it takes a month waiting to use their tools anyways. Nothing lost honestly.

• MXT
    Retired Staff

We reached out to ACI back when this new site was being developed and from the get-go they were unwilling to even speak to us. We know there was some bad blood between the old BF4DB and ACI, but since we are a completely different site we thought we could have an open dialogue about our common mission: anti-cheat. 

I’ve used ACI for many years and their tools are excellent (let’s be clear I’ve not used them since I took my servers down a few years ago). I’d hoped that we’d be able to work together to an extent, however we have been met with hostility. All of our staffs’ accounts have been banned, and even some of the members of our Discord server have been terminated for allegedly sharing their player history tool data (which is against their TOS). Apparently they’ve terminated a few of their own staff for the same reason. 

We have never asked people for ACI data, and we’ve always removed it if posted on our site.

We have developed our own proprietary tools and every day we become less reliant on other third party anti-cheat sites for their player data since our database is growing faster than ever. 

I am more than happy to give a representative from every other major anti-cheat site access to our tools in the name of unity. And yes, that even means ACI.