This thread is locked, you cannot reply.
  • lol ok burt
    User
    Member since November 09, 2019

So I got banned about three months ago or something, because I cheated. Because I was sh*t. Of course like all cheaters I tried to pretend I wasn't cheating but yeah I was (I think you can see my ban appeal from my profile). So when I knew I was banned I pretty much just uninstalled the game and didn't really touch it.

Now I tried to take a look at the game after re-downloading it and I gotta admit I pretty much forgot that a ban from BF4DB basically means a ban from 99% of the EU servers on BF4. Obviously I didn't had cheats on so I guess the only thing I can do is beg here :/

I just wanna know if and when I could get unbanned after some time ? I'm honestly not expecting it to be right now - if ever - but I don't plan on cheating anymore. Rewards are...Well there's close to none. And the consequences of getting caught are pretty much preventing you from playing again. I guess I'd just like to have a chance to get a clean start again if I have any right to ask ?

• lol ok burt
    User
    Member since October 22, 2017

Since you posted this in the general section, let me give you a general answer. 

I'll let you plan on my server if you follow this ONE EASY trick. Admins HATE it!

• lol ok burt
    User
    Member since July 14, 2019

"

Since you posted this in the general section, let me give you a general answer. 

I'll let you plan on my server if you follow this ONE EASY trick. Admins HATE it!

dougandbugs

Subscribed to the topic. I hope it gonna be interesting :)

• lol ok burt
    User

haha...
  • lol ok burt
    User
    Member since June 05, 2017

why did you lie on your first ban appeal ?

https://bf4db.com/forum/thread/ban-appeal-soldier-claimed-4710

• lol ok burt
    Administrator
    Member since August 14, 2017

So I got banned about three months ago or something, because I cheated. Because I was sh*t. Of course like all cheaters I tried to pretend I wasn't cheating but yeah I was (I think you can see my ban appeal from my profile). So when I knew I was banned I pretty much just uninstalled the game and didn't really touch it.

Now I tried to take a look at the game after re-downloading it and I gotta admit I pretty much forgot that a ban from BF4DB basically means a ban from 99% of the EU servers on BF4. Obviously I didn't had cheats on so I guess the only thing I can do is beg here :/

I just wanna know if and when I could get unbanned after some time ? I'm honestly not expecting it to be right now - if ever - but I don't plan on cheating anymore. Rewards are...Well there's close to none. And the consequences of getting caught are pretty much preventing you from playing again. I guess I'd just like to have a chance to get a clean start again if I have any right to ask ?

RedDriinks
    Well, you know how they say - once a cheater, always a cheater
  • lol ok burt
    Retired Staff
    Member since May 05, 2017

I’m not going to waste my time dignifying this with a response.

If you have a problem with that, submit form ID-10T to [email protected] for further review.

• lol ok burt
    User

Well, you know how they say - once a cheater, always a cheater
    Volt
    Never heard of that one before. At least I tried.
  • lol ok burt
    Administrator
    Member since January 04, 2018

It's not only about "once a cheater, always a cheater". Thing is the vast majority of cheaters are people who try for the sake of trying, from their point of view they're not doing much damage to the game because they just cheat a week or two, but they are actually the biggest part of the problem by their numbers.

If an anti-cheat is forgiving and unban people as soon as they stop cheating that won't solve the problem, only by putting a permanent ban you can hope to be dissuasive to the people who wants to try cheats.

• lol ok burt
    User

"

It's not only about "once a cheater, always a cheater". Thing is the vast majority of cheaters are people who try for the sake of trying, from their point of view they're not doing much damage to the game because they just cheat a week or two, but they are actually the biggest part of the problem by their numbers.

If an anti-cheat is forgiving and unban people as soon as they stop cheating that won't solve the problem, only by putting a permanent ban you can hope to be dissuasive to the people who wants to try cheats.

TheNotoriousDoge

Well I guess most cheaters are like me, I had never even heard of BF4DB until the moment I got banned. If I knew something like that would've existed I'd have never taken any risk with it. It may sound stupid, but what led me to cheat was that I was very bad at the game AND I knew EA wouldn't do sh*t to my account if I cheated because they're inefficient as frick. I'm convinced that if more people were aware of BF4DB and subsequent third party plug-ins they wouldn't gamble with cheats in the first place.
  • lol ok burt
    Retired Staff

Your actions should never be based on the perceived lack of consequence. There's always a consequence to being an immoral little prick. 

• lol ok burt
    User

No need to insult me, you silly goose.

Also a lot of people's rule-breaking actions are based on the perceived lack of consequences. Once again, if I knew I could be virtually banned from 99% of the BF4 EU servers I wouldn't have done it. That's more or less bad guy common sense.

• lol ok burt
    Retired Staff

"Also a lot of people's rule-breaking actions are based on the perceived lack of consequences."

No, its based on a lack of morals. Consequences act as a deterrent but don't fix the core issue of some people being scum bags

• lol ok burt
    User

Well it's no so much a lack of morals. We've all done something morally wrong to an extent. That's not what makes people scumbags. A scumbag would be someone that regardless of said consequence would still try to do the same and refuse to acknowledge his mistakes. I fully recognize the fact that I cheated and that I tried to pretend I wasn't. I'd love to prove that I'm not a scumbag, if there's any way to do so, even if it doesn't lifts my ban.

• lol ok burt
    Retired Staff

Its exactly a lack of morals. Its called cheating. You used cheats from a cheat site to cheat in a game. Here's a definition of the word "cheat":

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cheat 

1a: to practice fraud or trickery

b: to violate rules dishonestly

This means you were already a scumbag when you wantonly and knowingly searched for the cheat, an even bigger scumbag by downloading them, and a yet even bigger scumbag by using them repeatedly. Then you went off and tried to appeal your scumbaggery. Thats 4 successively more egregious moral failings on your part.

Scumbag.