• Draimen
    User
    Member since May 08, 2017

Is there a list of BF4DB enabled/protected servers?

• Draimen
    MXT
    User
    Member since May 05, 2017

The plugin used to stream out banlist is still in development. Once the plugin was published we can add a list of servers using our plugin to stream the banlist!

~Nadeko

• Draimen
    User
    Member since May 07, 2017

So until the plugin is being used, the current ban list here isn't actually affecting anyone just yet? 

• Draimen
    MXT
    User

Well since BF4DB is up again admins started to check players on here resulting in local server bans if someone was found to be banned by BF4DB.

It currently does not automatically affect servers however independent admins checking their players on their own already profit from BF4DB even in its current state.

Every report you make resulting in a ban will affect said players when the plugin goes live.

~Nadeko

• Draimen
    Gold Supporter

Just consider this phase of the implementation "priming the pump".  Having a plugin with no banlist does no good.  Have a banlist with no plugin does some good, but only a little. 

I'm kinda hearing some skittery feelings about the new BF4DB because nobody knows for sure if we can really trust the bans.  It'll take a while to build a reputation.  So having a sortof advisory-only banlist for a while isn't a bad thing.  I'm not rushing to add folks I see playing who are banned here to my banlist.  But I've warned one regular that soon as the plugin is working he'll be banned if he doesn't appeal the ban here and win.

• Draimen
    MXT
    User

Whether you trust our bans as an admin is not in the hands of the BF4DB staff team, however we do have rather strict ban guidelines we follow and apply to every ban we make here on BF4DB. We don't issue bans without any evidence. You can read about or Banning Terms here.

If you wish you can send me a private message with the BF4DB profile of the player you were talking about so i can review the ban and give you a detailed explanation on why he was banned on BF4DB.

It's still the admin's decision whether he or she wants to run our plugin on their server and stream our banlist, but as i said we do not ban without any reason.

Addition: Keep in mind that every ban issued by a user account called 'admin' was an autoban by our sitebot based on statistics. An appeal of the ban is the best and fastest way to get rid of the ban IF innocence can be proved.

~Nadeko

• Draimen
    Director

Once I have the plugin ready I will have it push the server info it is running on to a page on this site. That way server owners running it will get some more exposure and players will be happy joining a protected server.

• Draimen
    User

Adding a whitelist to the plugin might be handy if a server owner is not totally sure about a ban. Not that i don't trust you guys, so far I got at least 5 players who play in my server that will be banned.

Keep up the good work!

• Draimen
    Gold Supporter

Yes, please.  Whitelist.  I hate having to decide between "disable anti-cheat site entirely" and "keep this player I think was unfairly treated from playing".  Had a couple such issues with the old BF4DB caused by their bans for glitching, where I (and many other admins) disagreed with their definitions of "glitch".

• Draimen
    MXT
    User

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=glitching

The first sentence in this acticle actually describes the old BF4DB's ban policy concerning glitching ingame which included banning players who abused/exploited glitches/errors in the game and used them to their advantage.

The old BF4DB has banned for multiple obvious glitching reasons such as bipod glitching and other kinds of glitching such as abusing one of the Operation Locker kitchen glitches allowing to either shoot through the corners of the pillars or abusing a small permeable wall located at the end of the kitchen floor.

Mapglitching has been a big banable issue aswell such as walking on the rooftop of the Operation Locker C flag (invisible ceiling) or simply glitching onto the different outer floors by jump boosting over a Medpack or Amobox.

I don't think that they made a mistake banning for glitching as some glitches are only onesided aka other players were just not able to kill the glitching player. FairFight has improved their system in kicking for forbidden areas such as the outer locker floors or certain hights of mountain climbing on outside however other glitches are still a thing and abused by many players.

We, as the new BF4DB do NOT ban for Glitching and I don't thing that this will change in the near future.

You can read about our current Banning Terms and Policies concerning bans here

~Nadeko

• Draimen
    Administrator
    Member since May 08, 2017

"

Once I have the plugin ready I will have it push the server info it is running on to a page on this site. That way server owners running it will get some more exposure and players will be happy joining a protected server.

skulls

Is there an ETA for the release of the plugin?

• Draimen
    Retired Staff

"

"

skulls

Is there an ETA for the release of the plugin?

Scavenger
    There's no hard date set, but expect to hear more in a week or two in regards to testing.