• MackSolid
    User
    Member since April 06, 2018

I dunno if this topic's been posted already, but I just wanna know how many of you believe the spectator mode to be reliable. Recently I've been doing "ok" at the game as I play after work. Kill a player a few times and he's off to spectator mode. I, for one, don't believe the spectator mode to be a reliable piece of evidence as it only shows what the server is seeing at the moment. I remember spectator mode being very unstable and unusable during the game's launch and it still performs pretty much the same. It performs so poorly that if someone were to burst fire, the bullet count wouldn't work properly. 

TL:DR - Spectator mode still broken, only shows what the server sees, not so much what the player is seeing. Can not be used as solid evidence against a player who's accused of hacking. 

• MackSolid
    Administrator
    Member since May 08, 2017

Highly depends on the situation. In some cases it can be helpful. Mostly the ragecheats ofcourse. More subtle stuff often not.

Your case is set to clean btw. We do not get notified about comments on reports, commenting there does not help.

• MackSolid
    User
    Member since June 21, 2017

Spectator mode has some major bugs here and there like in this case I have recorded.

What I've seen : 

Asked a friend to go to the same position and peak (because I did not thought the suspect could be doing it at the certain time while being recorded): 

• MackSolid
    User
    Member since April 06, 2018

@AIMRetard That's my point lol. We're not seeing exactly what the player is seeing on their screen when we look at the spectator. It's had bugs at launch and STILL to this day has remained untouched by DICE. Just as pointed out, the only thing that can be clear are blatant "rage hacks" i.e. someone killing people on a flag while still at their base. 

@Scavenger Thank you for setting my case to clean btw. I just made this post because I thought there should be a reminder to most of the newer or unaware users that the spectator mode can't be completely relied upon when making accusations of cheats.

• MackSolid
    Retired Staff
    Member since May 05, 2017

There are a ton of tools out there to determine if players are cheating. Using spectator mode is just one of them. That's like people relying ONLY on weapon stats to determine if a player is cheating, they help and a lot of the time can be a good indicator but some people stat pad and it makes their stats look cray-cray.

Another fun spectator mode glitch:

• MackSolid
    User
    Member since June 21, 2017

An "open mind" is the perfect weapon in this war, and patience, lots of patience.