This thread is locked, you cannot reply.
  • PlayerToolsReports
    Silver Supporter
    Member since September 20, 2017

I recently learned of a server on which the owner himself used cheating.

However, using the whitelist function of the bf4db plugin, it allows the owner of the server that used cheating to continue playing on his server.

I understand why (I think), but isn't it contradictory to allow a cheater to use cheating because he owns a server?

• PlayerToolsReports
    User
    Member since March 21, 2020

Is it Polloloco by anychance?

• PlayerToolsReports
    Silver Supporter

As I have a server, I don't want to have a problem with this clan.

But it's not Polloloco, it's a Brazilian server.

• PlayerToolsReports
    User
    Member since September 15, 2019

As a server owner yourself you will know that you can do more or less anything you want, is it right for someone to whitelist themselfs or friends that have been caught cheating? No, but they pay for the server so their choice, its upto the people that use the server to decide if they want to play there.

• PlayerToolsReports
    User
    Member since January 08, 2019

Xoligy, that's not the point here, it's the use of the BF4DB Plug-in on such servers. 

• PlayerToolsReports
    Retired Staff
    Member since May 05, 2017

"

Xoligy, that's not the point here, it's the use of the BF4DB Plug-in on such servers. 

[CCG]IceCold991
    At the end of the day, it comes down to this. On one hand, cheating is bad and we ban cheaters so the argument could be made to revoke that API key. However if you do that, you lose all of the data of clean and cheating players alike from being streamed to us. So if he whitelist himself, is it worth losing that data that could potentially ban a number of other cheaters just to keep one out? That’s not a question we’ve answered, yet. 

• PlayerToolsReports
    User
    Member since September 15, 2019

No i fully understand that the plugin could be revoked, but as you said is the effort worth it? Besides as you know cheaters think of many excuses and try and find ways around whatever you do.

example you revoke access to the plugin (i have never looked into how to set it up) would it really be that hard to regain access? New account, new server ip = new access? Sure a few minutes of ballache, but i am guessing that would give access again? But i am sure they would post here first claiming that the banned person was a friend just helping to admin the server.

Personally i think its down to the players deciding if they wish to play on that server with a cheat and if so, that is on them especially if they are helping with the running costs via donations.

• PlayerToolsReports
    Retired Staff
    Member since May 05, 2017

Obviously I can’t go into our deterrence procedures and how we’d go about preventing them from streaming again, but the effort outweighs the benefits in my opinion. If we get to a point where we need to have that discussion then we will do. :)

• PlayerToolsReports
    Silver Supporter

If you consider the person who added the BF4DB plugin to the server to be responsible or request an account as responsible,

being the same non-transferable, it would be a way to maintain the flexibility of the plugin,

but punishing if in the case the person responsible is caught using cheating.

• PlayerToolsReports
    User
    Member since August 14, 2018

I have started to ask about it when the player Peninha1958 (TDK server) had opened his server to cheat freely and block the other ones. 
    These days we have another similar case: PlayerSeederCheater

in the past: OldAccounts

Proven cheaters that own servers should have the plugin barred to learn how to live with other cheaters.

My opinion guys! 

See ya!

• PlayerToolsReports
    User
    Member since August 14, 2018

Great example:
    https://tickettool.xyz/direct?url=https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/747793018496745482/808898565941755944/transcript-closed-appeal-by-tk69-administracao.html