This thread is locked, you cannot reply.
  • Wesch7
    User
    Member since May 21, 2018

It has been a year since this - https://bf4db.com/forum/thread/ban-appeal-1468

I still standby my innocence and would like to know if there's any other way to get my account back, after this miserable failure of this system?

• Wesch7
    Retired Staff
    Member since May 05, 2017

Failure of a system? That's comical.

• Wesch7
    Retired Staff
    Member since May 16, 2018

"

Failure of a system? That's comical.

Angry_Cuban13
    I think the player means the failure of the system we call Punkbuster.

To Wesch7 

This is not us as we don't administrate Punkbuster, This is the task of Even Balance.
    Since you appealed the first time a lot has changed about our policy on punkbusteer (for the players information: https://bf4db.com/forum/thread/punkbuster-bans-permanently-suspended-2777).

As I saw you had a violation after 02-01-2018, you can appeal the BF4DB ban here. If we can't find any suspicous data next to the Punkbuster ban we will decide to unban you. However, the effect of this ban could be nothing more as symbolic, as every ranked server in battlefield uses Punkbuster, and removing the BF4DB ban is something else as removing the punkbuster ban (which only Even Balance can do). If you would like to appeal the BF4DB ban please confirm this. 

• Wesch7
    User

I don't know whether you have access to the ticket itself, but my account was hijacked ~2 yrs ago, and mabye during that time someone who stole it had some software installed on his computer. But what seems odd is that it would pop-up after a year or so.

Also, because of the nature of the ban - AIMBOT - and the fact that it claims a software was installed on my PC I didn't bring up my suspicion. I'm an average player but sometimes I happen to get cool actions. Once during rush, I held in one of these green little buildings with two entances (almost opposing each other). Placed some claymore's and got ready with a LMG, people started pouring in, and eventually someone dropped a smoke - and since I remembered where the two entrances were I started spraying in that general direction taking a lot of guys down with me - so is it possilbe that someone really salty about this could report me for that with killcam footage? But where does the part with software come in then?

Sorry for my temper, but it's just so unfair. I feel like it's some bug or glitch of the system or someone who stole my account for a month, back in 2017, did it. Please look into it one more time.

• Wesch7
    User

Oh, as I was writing previous message you wrote yours. I'd like to appeal to both bans, starting with yours would be great but getting rid of the global ban needs another ticket to evenbalance?

And yes, I meant the system as in PunkBuster.

• Wesch7
    Retired Staff

"

I don't know whether you have access to the ticket itself, but my account was hijacked ~2 yrs ago, and mabye during that time someone who stole it had some software installed on his computer. But what seems odd is that it would pop-up after a year or so.

Wesch7

Is it true that your account got hacked or was this claimed by punkbuster, saying the following: 

"The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a global ban from PunkBuster enabled game servers. We have no way of knowing who was actually playing with this GUID at the time the violation was triggered. We also have no way to know if the violation was triggered on your specific computer. Our system does not collect personal information and furthermore we have no way to attach a cheat/hack violation to a specific person. This ban will not be lifted as then the person who did trigger the violation would again be able to join PunkBuster Servers using this GUID.

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find out who is responsible for compromising your GUID." 

"

so is it possilbe that someone really salty about this could report me for that with killcam footage? But where does the part with software come in then?

Wesch7
    No, this is not how Punkbuster works. 

"

Oh, as I was writing previous message you wrote yours. I'd like to appeal to both bans, starting with yours would be great but getting rid of the global ban needs another ticket to evenbalance?

And yes, I meant the system as in PunkBuster.

Wesch7

We can't do anything about your global ban at punkbuster. This is controlled by a different company, called Even Balance. 
    We do can look at the BF4DB ban again due to the changed policies regarding PB bans. This would be more symbolic, as the global ban will still be active. However it would make it easier playing with a new account (if we don't find any reason to keep the ban). 

chances of getting unbanned by Even Balance are however lower as winning the powerbowl lottery.

• Wesch7
    User

Sooo, just to reiterate:
    Possibly someone cheated on my account during the hijack, and there is nothing I can do about it. So the only solution is to create a new account on Origin? But I bought my BF4 digitally and doesn't that mean it's bound to one account? Help me out here :/ And also the symbolic unban would be nice, just for the sake of dignity x)

• Wesch7
    Retired Staff

"

Sooo, just to reiterate:
    Possibly someone cheated on my account during the hijack, and there is nothing I can do about it. So the only solution is to create a new account on Origin? But I bought my BF4 digitally and doesn't that mean it's bound to one account? Help me out here :/ And also the symbolic unban would be nice, just for the sake of dignity x)

Wesch7
    i asked you, did your account ever got compromised (as you started to talk about this) or is this just something which was said by Even balance when you appealed your punkbuster ban.  

• Wesch7
    User

It was, I can pull up the specifics - but it was somewhere around summer of 2017, I have times of inactivity, and where I wanted to login in - I couldn't. I got in touch with the EA support and they got my account back and now I have the 2-step security stuff. So yes, absolutely, positively, 100% my account was stolen for a month.

• Wesch7
    Retired Staff
    Member since May 05, 2017

Appeal approved but your account is still a paper weight due to the global. You'll need to buy a new copy of the game if you want to play again.

• Wesch7
    User

Thanks, but just to clarify new game on new account or just a new game on old account?
  • Wesch7
    Retired Staff

make a new origin account and buy the game again on that origin account.