This thread is locked, you cannot reply.
  • Sovereign_Skies
    Retired Staff
    Member since May 05, 2017

Effective earlier this week, we officially discontinued flagging accounts as whitelisted, or as it was previously known, verified. 

The original intent was to prevent known professional players and other high-profile players that are fully vetted from being reported repeatedly. To clarify, though, it was never intended to make them “bulletproof” or “above the law”.  If evidence was submitted against someone who was verified/whitelisted, we would revoke it and issue a ban if it had merit. 

After much discussion, it was agreed that the flag served little actual purpose in our current reporting system and only caused confusion. 

As of now, all accounts that were not belonging to BF4DB staff have had the flag removed and will now show as “Clean”. The next patch that will roll out to the website will change the verbiage from “Whitelisted” to “Staff” and will be used to show accounts that are belonging to staff. 

We apologize for any misunderstanding or confusion on this topic in the past. If you have any questions, please let us know. 

• Sovereign_Skies
    User
    Member since June 05, 2017

no problem ,  personally I prefer this.

even I didn't have any problem with the whitelist list

• Sovereign_Skies
    User

lol

• Sovereign_Skies
    User
    Member since December 18, 2017

"

lol

hockeeyyy
    well , this is  funny from an admin that ban people  to get an Attack boat.

wink* wink*

• Sovereign_Skies
    Retired Staff

Let’s keep it on topic, please. 

• Sovereign_Skies
    User

I have no idea how lol turned into this, but it's amazing how low-effort it takes to get someone to cry about something.

• Sovereign_Skies
    User
    Member since June 30, 2017

for me no problem but to be correct you can also remove yours if you are clean I can not see why you have to protect yourself .. we are all players PS and my personal opinion

• Sovereign_Skies
    MXT
    User

Yes you are correct we are all players and we are clean, still no argument for us not to mark our own soldiers as owned by staff?

• Sovereign_Skies
    User

Pretty sure someone did say removing the whitelisting entirely would be better for the site as a whole, but then again, half-measures are the better measures when it comes to laziness.

• Sovereign_Skies
    Administrator
    Member since May 08, 2017

"

Pretty sure someone did say removing the whitelisting entirely would be better for the site as a whole, but then again, half-measures are the better measures when it comes to laziness.

hockeeyyy

And as said before, we would like the discussion to be constructive. Accusations (of laziness in this case) are not part of a constructive discussion, and will be removed next time.

Ontopic: the "Staff" status is not a whitelist. We linked our own accounts to the profiles to be transparent in what kind of players are working for this site. There were also various occasions of people trying to impersonate staff (both with the old site and the current site, but also with other AC's). With the staff flag this is no longer a problem.

We appreciate the feedback, and I can assure you we take it very serious. We are looking into refining this kind of things all the time to make it as transparent and fair as we can.

• Sovereign_Skies
    MXT
    User

The amount of revolt about a minor change that doesn't even affect anyone is simply pathetic. I've had enough of this,

//Thread closed.