This thread is locked, you cannot reply.
  • FroToe
    Gold Supporter
    Member since May 07, 2017

i reported MacKOG along with the exact Punkbuster ban message he got on my server, and initially he showed up on PBBans list of globally banned players.  "Like one refresh of the pbbans page later, and the ban seems removed"?  I seriously doubt it.  He hasn't played one game since that event.  I don't think Evenbalance just suddenly removed him from the DB after 2 months (though it's not impossible).

Remember, Global GUID bans don't show up in any normal Punkbuster mirror.  PBBans notices when the player tries to play because PB puts out a message (like the one I provided).  I don't know that PBBans are removing old entries from their DB, but just because he's not in PBBans DB doesn't mean he is not banned.  Far as I know the only way to be sure is to contact Evenbalance.

The only reason this even matters is because of the IP-linked replacement he's now playing with, which doesn't (yet) have any bans.

Anybody have Evenbalance contacts?  Or even PBBans.com contacts to ask 'em why he was there and now isn't?  I gave the guy two months without reporting this far and wide to let him appeal out of respect for his years of play.  But his two months is up.  (Which might also be why the PBBans entry disappeared--if they only keep it for two months it would have just expired.)

• FroToe
    Administrator
    Member since May 08, 2017

Was amazed it suddenly was gone.. 

No idea if they clear their db once in a while, but worth to check.

• FroToe
    MXT
    User
    Member since May 05, 2017

I have contacted fellow BF4DB User "Alex.J" about this case as he seems to work for evenbalance.

We are working on resolving this!

• FroToe
    Gold Supporter

Thanks.  I played against MacKOG for years.  He never seemed "too" off, but I and others did notice that he tended toward hot and cold a lot.  For the first half of a game we'd have our way with him, then suddenly POOF--that was over and he crushed the last half.  That was the only indication I'd seen of anything amiss.

One "simple", if imperfect solution would be to ban his alt account.  When he shows up saying "unban me" ask him to play one game, just one, from MacKOG.  Show us a single battlereport post 5April to prove he's no longer PB GUID banned.

• FroToe
    MXT
    User

"

One "simple", if imperfect solution would be to ban his alt account.  When he shows up saying "unban me" ask him to play one game, just one, from MacKOG.  Show us a single battlereport post 5April to prove he's no longer PB GUID banned.

FroToe
    That certainly sounds like a plan!
    Will discuss that with the rest of the staff team!

~Nadeko

• FroToe
    User

I heard about this.  I will be looking into the matter tonight.  

• FroToe
    User

"
    The only reason this even matters is because of the IP-linked replacement he's now playing with, which doesn't (yet) have any bans.
    FroToe

If I may add to this conversation, I think I can "help" with a cautionary tale.  Back when CoD was *the* game to play I received an unoffical ban on the server I played because I had the same IP as a cheater.  After pleading for someone with...expertise in the IT field to look at the data I indeed had the same IP address, two months AFTER the fact.

Just because the IP is the same, you do not always maintain the same IP address and if you live near big cities like I do (Chicago) there are a lot of people that can potentially play on the same IP that you have.

• FroToe
    Gold Supporter

"

"
    FroToe

If I may add to this conversation, I think I can "help" with a cautionary tale.  Back when CoD was *the* game to play I received an unoffical ban on the server I played because I had the same IP as a cheater.  After pleading for someone with...expertise in the IT field to look at the data I indeed had the same IP address, two months AFTER the fact.

Just because the IP is the same, you do not always maintain the same IP address and if you live near big cities like I do (Chicago) there are a lot of people that can potentially play on the same IP that you have.

h4iltotheking
    In this case, that is positively not the case.  Main userid gets PB banned after playing on the server for hundreds of hours over many months.  2 days later, from the same userid, the alt ID shows up and continues to play game after game for days.  And...  well...  I have chat logs of him telling other players his previous identity and claiming his innocence.

So I have no doubt about what's going on.  The only problem BF4DB would have is if they refuse to believe the logs I have, since technically they could be forged.  In which case, "not my problem, anymore" as I will have done my best and he is banned on my servers (and a bunch of others who follow me on Metabans).

20170411_chat.log:[12:27:24] XXXXXXX > i am MACKOG :D
    20170411_chat.log:[12:27:35] XXXXXXX > YO CAT DEFIB TIME
    20170411_chat.log:[12:27:59] XXXXXXX > "no hacking" no reason
    20170411_chat.log:[12:28:01] XXXXXXX > exactly
    20170411_chat.log:[12:28:39] XXXXXXX > evenbalance is bs man idk its pure mafia
    20170411_chat.log:[12:29:25] XXXXXXX > y hack if i played mad hrs and ban my acount
    20170411_chat.log:[12:29:33] XXXXXXX > game was dead anyway
    20170411_chat.log:[12:29:47] XXXXXXX > they didnt tell me exact reason y ban
    20170411_chat.log:[12:29:55] XXXXXXX > many got bannd bs
    20170411_chat.log:[12:30:22] XXXXXXX > human bot
    20170411_chat.log:[12:30:25] XXXXXXX > simple
    20170411_chat.log:[12:31:28] XXXXXXX > EAES deff douch
    20170411_chat.log:[12:35:54] XXXXXXX > lol
    20170411_chat.log:[12:36:11] XXXXXXX > u know its me :D
    20170411_chat.log:[12:38:28] XXXXXXX > i m fight to get my account back
    20170411_chat.log:[12:38:37] XXXXXXX > im write to the president
    20170411_chat.log:[12:38:45] XXXXXXX > so he can tweet EA lol and PB
    20170411_chat.log:[12:38:58] XXXXXXX > neither
    20170411_chat.log:[12:39:12] XXXXXXX > something like HRS
    20170411_chat.log:[12:39:29] XXXXXXX > they dont wana see uwin
    20170411_chat.log:[12:40:30] XXXXXXX > yap
    20170411_chat.log:[12:42:06] XXXXXXX > im not -_-
    20170411_chat.log:[12:42:14] XXXXXXX > i d waste my time
    20170411_chat.log:[14:23:34] XXXXXXX > its MACK man not hacker.
    20170411_chat.log:[14:23:40] XXXXXXX > no proof of hack
    20170411_chat.log:[14:23:42] XXXXXXX > just ban
    20170411_chat.log:[14:23:44] XXXXXXX > for being a PRO
    20170411_chat.log:[14:24:06] XXXXXXX > y hack on 324234 hr accounts
    20170411_chat.log:[14:24:21] XXXXXXX > simply REK and troll
    20170411_chat.log:[14:24:24] XXXXXXX > the weak

• FroToe
    User

I will continue looking into this, but until someone provides a link or screenshot of the ban, it's hard to justify banning him.   I believe you FroToe, but others might not, which makes me look foolish and irresponsible if I used your chat-logs as a reason to ban him.
  • FroToe
    User

Just making some speculation about some things I've seen. PB violations are logged by the streaming services but an Evenbalance Global ban typically isn't. In the case of a standard violation, the server is in communication with the PB client when the client detects the infraction. A global ban issued by Evenbalance can happen without communication to the server and prevents the GUID from connecting to a server running punkbuster. I'm not sure the server would even report that a person with a global ban even attempted to join. The global ban issued directly by Evenbalance is the highest tier of ban I think they can do and essentially disables the account.

• FroToe
    User
    Member since May 06, 2017

If you're referring to this player name and GUID.

http://metabans.com/player?i=bd1A

https://www.247fairplay.com/CheatDetector/x_M-ProGamer_x

x_M-ProGamer_x
    x_Mikkelmuck_x

GUID 09983e99 is NOT Globally banned, it is Clean BF3/BF4

https://www.247fairplay.com/forum/ban-appeals/ban-appeal-suspected-cheating-14453/msg32919/#msg32919

• FroToe
    User

I believe any player with Global GUID ban will not be able to play anyways on any enabled punkbuster servers.

" I'm a problem solver"

• FroToe
    User
    Member since May 06, 2017

"

I believe any player with Global GUID ban will not be able to play anyways on any enabled punkbuster servers.

" I'm a problem solver"

GoPostal456

A global punkbuster ban only restricts the player from playing on the game type for which the global ban is on and then it is only a kick each time, say the global ban is for BF4 then that player can still join a BF3 server and play but not a BF4 server.

A player with a global ban if they then join a PBBans streaming server the player then gets added to the MBi so all server admins who stream to us can get the ban streamed to them and if they then have cross game bans enabled in their flags they get the benefits of both BF4 and BF3 player stopped from joining the server.

• FroToe
    User

"

"

" I'm a problem solver"

GoPostal456

A global punkbuster ban only restricts the player from playing on the game type for which the global ban is on and then it is only a kick each time, say the global ban is for BF4 then that player can still join a BF3 server and play but not a BF4 server.

A player with a global ban if they then join a PBBans streaming server the player then gets added to the MBi so all server admins who stream to us can get the ban streamed to them and if they then have cross game bans enabled in their flags they get the benefits of both BF4 and BF3 player stopped from joining the server.

-Slayer-
    A BF4DB ban is also a kick everytime you join a server who runs the plugin. I do not stream to PBBans but I stream to GGC, so I know how it works, every PB violation streamed are added to the Global banlist of GGC, of which every server owner who stream GGC will have that ban added as well. And BF4DB will add that ban if player is reported for that offense.

What I'm saying is, all servers on BF4 run PB, therefor he wouldn't be able to play on any ''BF4'' servers again. And as far as i know, BF4DB is a BF4 Anti-cheat community.

Hope that clarified my statements.

• FroToe
    Gold Supporter

His alter-ego IP-linked account is now banned by BF4DB.  Guess they found independent corroboration.  Yay.