This thread is locked, you cannot reply.
  • Fluvioglacial
    User
    Member since March 27, 2018

I've seen this thrown around a lot and I have no idea what it actually means or why it's so bad. Can't find a definition anywhere either.

Is it just when someone has two accounts or is it more specific than that? Cheers.

• Fluvioglacial
    Administrator
    Member since May 08, 2017

We try to not only ban the account, but also to person behind it. Quoting from our policy: 

Linked Accounts:

• Accounts having overlapping IP and timestamp information will be considered a linked account. Player information streamed to the Service can be used for this purpose.

• If an account is currently banned by BF4DB, all other accounts that are positively identified as a linked account will receive a ban for “Linked Account” as well. Similarly, if the main ban successfully appeals, all other alt bans will be lifted.

• Fluvioglacial
    User
    Member since March 27, 2018

Thought it would be something like that, makes sense. Cheers for clearing that up.

• Fluvioglacial
    Retired Staff
    Member since May 05, 2017

To clarify, just because two accounts have had the same IP at one point doesn’t mean they are definitively are linked, but it’s a definitely one thing we look at. 

• Fluvioglacial
    Administrator

@MDR-AITORHD, please keep your case out of others threads. There is a translator there. Other posts that you make here will be removed.

• Fluvioglacial
    User
    Member since June 07, 2018

Hi
    I have a Query about your linked account ban policy
     I have been playing BF4 for 3 years now, i have several bf4db banned accounts, this is not a ban appeal, i know you will not unban my a/c(s) and i accept that. I am here to inquire about your ban policy on "linked account" bans.
    Hypothetically: Say a player used a cheat on a game and got a PB  Violation, You'd ban the player and stop him from playing and rightfully so. But why, when the player pays $40-$60 for a new copy of the game and does not cheat but still gets the ban. 
    The player admits to cheating once but has a clean account that he has not cheated on and will not, yet he still gets a ban on your platform. 
    I understand your believe in banning the player not the account, but i don't think this is fair to the player. 
    He has been punished and has to get a new account because of his love of the game, yet he gets banned and is unable to play the game he paid for. 
    If the player cheats again, yes ban him, but if hes clean, and does not cheat what warrants your to take the pleasure and fun out of the game for him? 

I love BF4, that's why i keep buying account and just wait for u to ban it then get another one. I don't cheat, and i have no intention to do so, and again this is not a ban appeal. 
    And there are players who I'm sure have been unfairly banned and you know about it. How would you feel if this happened to your accounts? 

Do you not believe a player can change or in second chances? Do you enjoy taking the joy out of players games? I believe you should allow players to enjoy the game again. Give them a second chance at the game. 

I'd be actually pleasantly surprised if this gets a reply. I am not here to bash the admins, i just want a solid conversation with them and understand their point of view on this topic. 

• Fluvioglacial
    Administrator

Unlike EA, who believes in 2nd chances, we do not. History has proven that cheaters will fall back in their old behaviour more often then not. How EA handles things is not cutting it, as is visible on Official servers.

• Fluvioglacial
    User

"

Unlike EA, who believes in 2nd chances, we do not. History has proven that cheaters will fall back in their old behaviour more often then not. How EA handles things is not cutting it, as is visible on Official servers.

Scavenger
    As i said, i have been playing for 3 years, and you have banned several of my accounts, yet if you check, i do not cheat on them. But you still give out linked account bans. You as an admin know that the account is clean, yet if the IP is linked you ban them

• Fluvioglacial
    Administrator

"

"

Scavenger
    As i said, i have been playing for 3 years, and you have banned several of my accounts, yet if you check, i do not cheat on them. But you still give out linked account bans. You as an admin know that the account is clean, yet if the IP is linked you ban them

didthathurtm8
    Exception proves the rule then. I feel sorry for the few that did change and now have to suffer because of those who did not.

• Fluvioglacial
    User

"

"

"

Scavenger

didthathurtm8
    Exception proves the rule then.

Scavenger
    So why not monitor the player, if they cheat or get a pb violation then ban them. Or in a case of multiple offenses HW ID ban them or IP link them. 
    But if they change and dont cheat, let them play the game and maybe flag the acc as being owned by a prior offended but has no offended on this account?

• Fluvioglacial
    Administrator

"

"

"

"

Scavenger

didthathurtm8

Scavenger
    So why not monitor the player, if they cheat or get a pb violation then ban them. Or in a case of multiple offenses HW ID ban them or IP link them. 
    But if they change and dont cheat, let them play the game and maybe flag the acc as being owned by a prior offended but has no offended on this account?

didthathurtm8

Do you think that is possible with us, a bunch of volunteers? The amount of work that would take and the limited information we can access via the plugin this would be impossible. Furthermore, that would again be the way how EA handles it and we all know how well that works.

• Fluvioglacial
    User

"

"

"

"

"

Scavenger

didthathurtm8

Scavenger

didthathurtm8

Do you think that is possible with us, a bunch of volunteers? Furthermore, that would again be the way how EA handles it and we all know how well that works.

Scavenger
    How you ban a player is if they have a violation or a report. You seem to be doing that just fine. Why not do the same? If the player has more than one violation, ban him. Give the player a chance.

Ill give myself as an example, i have several accounts, one that i cheated on as a mistake. But all my accounts are clean, and i know that eventually ill get them all linked account banned. And i don't mind it, But i know they are players who have stopped playing entirely because of this. I believe there is a better way of doing this. You as admins are doing a great job, when i got my ban i was angry, But I understand you are doing it for a game you are passionate about and love playing. I also love the game, thats why i keep buying accounts when they get banned. But there are players who will not play the game again because of a ban here. 

• Fluvioglacial
    Administrator

"

"

"

"

"

"

Scavenger

didthathurtm8

Scavenger

didthathurtm8

Do you think that is possible with us, a bunch of volunteers? Furthermore, that would again be the way how EA handles it and we all know how well that works.

Scavenger
    How you ban a player is if they have a violation or a report. You seem to be doing that just fine. Why not do the same? If the player has more than one violation, ban him. Give the player a chance.

Ill give myself as an example, i have several accounts, one that i cheated on as a mistake. But all my accounts are clean, and i know that eventually ill get them all linked account banned. And i don't mind it, But i know they are players who have stopped playing entirely because of this. I believe there is a better way of doing this. You as admins are doing a great job, when i got my ban i was angry, But I understand you are doing it for a game you are passionate about and love playing. I also love the game, thats why i keep buying accounts when they get banned. But there are players who will not play the game again because of a ban here. 

didthathurtm8

I was reading your comment and had to laugh at "cheated on as a mistake". People that stopped playing because of this, good. Let them be a warning to others so they won't cheat to begin with.

I think I have explained our view on this matter good enough now. I will lock the thread.

/Closed

Note from Burt: Nobody cheats by mistake and plenty of people who paid for the game have stopped playing it because of cheaters. If a cheater cheats and buys a new account we will ban it and just call it a Karmic idiot tax for all the clean players who spent money on a game and had it ruined for them by cheaters. You aren't playing against bots when you cheat., you are playing against other players who also paid for this game. We will ban players who cheat and all their accounts, past, present, and future.