• dougandbugs
    User
    Member since October 22, 2017

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/false-positive-pb-ban/td-p/10333853/page/3

According to Nick from evenbalance, he sent BF4DB an email requesting evidence that punkbuster was throwing false positives. 

Did you all ever receive that email from him? 

• dougandbugs
    User
    Member since April 30, 2020

I am not staff but I can say that all you have to do is surf any forums or Reddit and you will find tons of reports of false bans.  Sure some will be from kids who are mad they got caught but the volume alone tells you that there is a problem. There have been several waves due to video drivers and other programs.

As for proof, it's like trying to prove a negative...

PB has a reputation for not communicating with anyone and not making any effort to ever have a real appeal process.

• dougandbugs
    User

https://bf4db.com/forum/thread/punkbuster-bans-permanently-suspended-2777

From the above post -

"We have received conclusive evidence that proves Punkbuster is issuing erroneous violations on innocent players who just want to play the game."

Apparently Nick from evenbalance has emailed BF4DB about this conclusive evidence, just wondering how that went or if BF4DB responded to him. 

• dougandbugs
    Silver Supporter
    Member since July 06, 2021

Basically they started to ban accounts that never actually played the game 

YBHh9Vb.png

How someone will trust an anti-cheat that banned an account with a total of 0 kill?

XuC0b50.png

• dougandbugs
    User

"

Basically they started to ban accounts that never actually played the game 

YBHh9Vb.png

How someone will trust an anti-cheat that banned an account with a total of 0 kill?

XuC0b50.png

Eduardinholoko
    Just for the sake of argument, if someone never played the game but downloaded punkbuster and had cheat software, would they be banned? I am not saying that account is cheating, I am just trying to look at this from all sides. Thank you for your response, I encourage more information like this. 

• dougandbugs
    Retired Staff
    Member since May 05, 2017

We provided information to Evenbalance years ago and they didn’t care then, and they certainly don’t care now. 

To answer the other question, if you had a brand new account, installed PB, and then cheats, but never played the game, you wouldn’t trigger anything since you’re not joining a PB enabled server. 

TLDR, PB globally banned a brand new account with ZERO time actually playing as it was a seeder account. It was on a brand new account, on a brand new install of windows on a virtual machine. It doesn’t get much more sterile than that. 

• dougandbugs
    User

"

We provided information to Evenbalance years ago and they didn’t care then, and they certainly don’t care now. 

To answer the other question, if you had a brand new account, installed PB, and then cheats, but never played the game, you wouldn’t trigger anything since you’re not joining a PB enabled server. 

TLDR, PB globally banned a brand new account with ZERO time actually playing as it was a seeder account. It was on a brand new account, on a brand new install of windows on a virtual machine. It doesn’t get much more sterile than that. 

Sovereign_Skies
    Thank you for your response. Is the above account PLD etc etc the one you are referring to? I have an ongoing dialogue with Nick from PB and would like to present this evidence to him directly. If this is not the correct account, would you mind sharing with me the account you are referring to? Just trying to get to the bottom of this. 

• dougandbugs
    Silver Supporter
    Member since July 06, 2021

Thank you for your response. Is the above account PLD etc etc the one you are referring to? I have an ongoing dialogue with Nick from PB and would like to present this evidence to him directly. If this is not the correct account, would you mind sharing with me the account you are referring to? Just trying to get to the bottom of this. 

dougandbugs

the above account PLD is one example of banned account that actually never killed anyone (or well never played), there is others too and some with zero seconds of playing but IDK the names

• dougandbugs
    User

May I please have the battlelog ID of this virtual machine from you, Sovereign Skies?

I am in direct contact with Nick from evenbalance and he is very curious as to how this happened.

Who knows? He might give a nugget of useful information for you all as well. 

• dougandbugs
    Administrator
    Member since May 01, 2021

"

May I please have the battlelog ID of this virtual machine from you, Sovereign Skies?

I am in direct contact with Nick from evenbalance and he is very curious as to how this happened.

Who knows? He might give a nugget of useful information for you all as well. 

dougandbugs

https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/PLD_TooOP/stats/1003642359675/pc/

PunkBuster Server: VIOLATION (MULTIHACK) #74004: PLD_TooOP (slot #20) Violation (MULTIHACK) #74004 [..] - 2018-12-27 08:20:38