• thegrizz72
    User
    Member since May 05, 2017

Lately we have been having problems with procon.Whenever I add more than 33 maps they vanish the next day and i'm back to 33.When I add Domination maps the rounds switch from 1 to 2 . The vanishing maps happen every day but the round switching can happen within 1 to 5 days. Has anyone else had this issue ?

• thegrizz72
    User
    Member since June 21, 2017

"

Lately we have been having problems with procon.Whenever I add more than 33 maps they vanish the next day and i'm back to 33.When I add Domination maps the rounds switch from 1 to 2 . The vanishing maps happen every day but the round switching can happen within 1 to 5 days. Has anyone else had this issue ?

thegrizz72

What's your server Provider ?

• thegrizz72
    User

Gameservers.We have been with them since BFBC2 but the procon issue has only happened since maybe 2 months ago.

• thegrizz72
    User

Make sure you add maps to your mapcycle in game server  control panel, not in Procon, as the server will overwrite  Procon layer map setings  every time it gets restarted because of server files higher priority.

• thegrizz72
    User

Yes I have been doing that.I heard also that procon limits the maps to 33 so that may be why I lost maps in the rotation. Still don't know why dom and ctf switch to 2 rounds tho.

• thegrizz72
    Retired Staff

Modify the servers maps file from their control panel. If that doesn’t work open a ticket with them. 

• thegrizz72
    User

Yes. Or just use your FTP client to modify MapList.txt  

• thegrizz72
    User

Ok thanks guys.

• thegrizz72
    User
    Member since May 22, 2017

Some providers ~might~ require you to FULLY STOP your server before you Edit a file such as 'MapList.txt

.. Any Newly Modified files may not Save properly as they may still be in use :)\

--- just a thought :)

• thegrizz72
    User

"

Some providers ~might~ require you to FULLY STOP your server before you Edit a file such as 'MapList.txt

.. Any Newly Modified files may not Save properly as they may still be in use :)\

--- just a thought :)

NerdPlow
    G-Portal server do like to be stopped before modifying any setting on them - otherwise often the settings just "mix".