This thread is locked, you cannot reply.
  • DeletedAccount1
    User
    Member since July 16, 2019

As many of you would have seen my recent topic on "How does the levolution work" and the server "TDS" it seems EA BF4 description of "Official" status states that:

"Official servers have strict default settings that are tailored for new players. E.g. an official server that hosts the Defuse game mode must have the max-player-limit set to 10 players."

What does this mean?

1. Server owners of Official servers can not kick, ban or move players;
    2. 3rd party anti-cheat plugins* will not kick, ban or move players;
    3. Server owners have limited capabilities of customizing their server;

Servers:
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/e275a572-8935-4e92-bbec-4588cee0115f/2-TDS-NO-LEVOLUTION-SIEGE-OF-SHANGHAI-60Hz-HARDCORE/
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/e7b744b6-12e5-4162-b625-ba5cc5f90402/1-TDS-NO-LEVOLUTION-SIEGE-OF-SHANGHAI-60Hz-NORMAL/

Yet users are being reported to have been kicked/banned. I can see that "Fair Fight" is also off on an "Official Server". How can this server be listed as "Official" if they are indeed able to kick users from the server?

yhfTgsS.png

This also means with fair fight disabled that cheats can be used by the server operators and can go undetected without an issue unless otherwise reported. This doesn't mean they do, but they can. This is not an official server.

oj8pePl.png

This is NOT fair to people who wish to purchase a 64 slot server as they will be listed as just "RANKED" and will not get the advantage with an "OFFICIAL" status as these pair of servers do clearly the entire thing is "need to know" for a reason.

I've received messages stating in simple terms that "anyone asking questions will be banned/have been banned" from the TDS community discord channel.

9tcYETD.png

I dug a little deeper. A quick Google reveals that a bunch of users have collaborated to release the official BF4 server files and an emulator to get it working correctly. As far as I can tell they have also managed to get hold of a valid "ProviderID" which authorises to the server to post stats back to the "Battlelog" website. Some users reported it working, others have not been so successful.

This would explain how TDS are able to automatically kick/ban users on an "Official" server when a user strikes the (C) tower pillars on the popular map Siege of Shanghai. Users are then left confused to how they was kicked from an "Official Server"

Update***

I've been in touch with EA support who has refereed me directly to punk buster which deals with BF4 Server Providers. I've emailed them explaining the situation and will now await confirmation. I will update this post.

• DeletedAccount1
    User

Another update: It seems they have kept to their word and banned me without notice from the discord community.

• DeletedAccount1
    Retired Staff
    Member since May 05, 2017

Friend, none of this is new. We’ve known this for years now. Evenbalance doesn’t care and just issues global bans for no reason now. There’s nothing that can be done really. 

• DeletedAccount1
    User

"

Friend, none of this is new. We’ve known this for years now. Evenbalance doesn’t care and just issues global bans for no reason now. There’s nothing that can be done really. 

Sovereign_Skies
    Indeed. Its a little bit annoying as anyone purchasing servers will not get the "Official" status.

• DeletedAccount1
    User
    Member since October 16, 2017

"

"

Sovereign_Skies
    Indeed. Its a little bit annoying as anyone purchasing servers will not get the "Official" status.

LordTyrionDwarf
    Everyone, who rent a bf4 server, is able to set it to official.
    Of course that's then no modded server, because you don't have access to server files in general. Talking here about G-Portal, Nitrado, Fragnet etc. .

Evenbalance won't change anything about the TDS server's, because in order to do, what they do, they need to have there server IP whitelisted, either from DICE/EA offical, or from a insider/friend and with that in mind .. well, EA/DICE won't change anything about it, because they are whitelisted.
    TDS got there servers for years now and nothing happend and they are aware of that.

The only thing how it could be fixed - that EA/DICE would bring a new patch, sadly that won't happen, but even then, the community would find other ways.

Cheers (:

• DeletedAccount1
    User

Thanks for commenting @Bunny.

Indeed it is a little frustrating as they will get the advantage of being able to mod while retaining the "Official" status and getting users with ease. I traced their IP Address back to "fragnet" and reported it via their interface.

I doubt anything would be done. If nothing is to be done, then release the server files for everyone. Make it fair.

• DeletedAccount1
    User

As expected now banned from using their servers also. This is without abuse and for simply reporting my findings online. No reason has yet been posted.

• DeletedAccount1
    User

Here we go. A public screenshot of the Discord Server and my reason to being banned.

L95vNPj.png

• DeletedAccount1
    User

Ban Reason: You were warned [perm][GRIF0N_2-6][tdsg.eu/appeal]

• DeletedAccount1
    User
    Member since October 16, 2017

"

Thanks for commenting @Bunny.

Indeed it is a little frustrating as they will get the advantage of being able to mod while retaining the "Official" status and getting users with ease. I traced their IP Address back to "fragnet" and reported it via their interface.

I doubt anything would be done. If nothing is to be done, then release the server files for everyone. Make it fair.

LordTyrionDwarf
    Glad when I can help.

In one point you got me wrong.
    I said " Of course that's then no modded server, because you don't have access to server files in general. Talking here about G-Portal, Nitrado, Fragnet etc. . " .. and whatever you traced, you did something wrong, because they can't do, what they do with Fragnet, even when Fragnet allows you alrdy more then some G-Portal server.

Just btw :)

bHiwBMk.png 

About those server files, everyone can get them easy, I won't tell you how, but it's easy, even more easy when you use google, BUT be aware of 3 things:
    1. You won't be able to start 'your server' without a whitelisted IP (atleast, not anymore since they patched it)
    2. Modded servers are taken faster down OFFICIALLY by EA/DICE/BATTLELOG, then it takes you, till "your" server finally works
    and 3rd, which is the point for TDS here .. count both points together = DICE know it, there are whitelisted and the server won't get an shutdown.

To answer your "Make it fair" - It is still fair, they have to, like I said, whitelist there wanted server IP, which CAN'T be done without DICE's help or a insider/friend and to be honest .. it's not even that worse in my opinion, even when it's violating ToS (at least I guess so), because most cheaters are catched on official servers - it's still a cheater free server, even when it's in a way DICE/EA didn't want, right?
    And what would you rather do? Violating ToS (within mind that TDS is allowed to do, what they do) or playing with/against cheaters?

Not worth it dude, just let it go and stay on ranked.

@skies
    Sorry about that few days ago, didn't knew it, till I saw it, that I should keep my self out of other person appeals. :)

• DeletedAccount1
    User

Thanks mate. Much appreciated. Please leave this topic open for other users and Google to see in the future. Your moderator TheNotoriousDoge likes to remove posts that contain any content he has said or posted.

Again, thank you.
  • DeletedAccount1
    Administrator
    Member since April 10, 2019

Can you stop crying already?

• DeletedAccount1
    User

"

Can you stop crying already?

Flying_Autist
    Not crying. Just stating a point.

1) This server is running Official but is not according to EA's guidelines of what an official server is.
    2) "Real nolevolution - Pillars are invicible" - Suggesting they are now able to modify the server files/maps.
    3) Because their server is showing the official status it means anyone purchasing a server will just be listed as "Ranked". They can choose to be official but will not be able to kick/ban players or modify maps as TDS does.

Its simple, If nobody else can do it. Then they can not either. If EA want to make it fair, then release the server files and allow everyone to have a fair advantage. TDS are violating the TOS with EA. It's as simple as that.

• DeletedAccount1
    Retired Staff
    Member since May 05, 2017

Not sure what the point of any of this is. We all know about it. Nothing will be done about it. They don’t stream to us and we have no say in the matter. As such and because this post doesn’t relate to our mission, I’m closing this thread.