• dougandbugs
    User
    Member since October 22, 2017

So I was looking at bf4cheatreport, and I am assuming the KPH is the average damage per bullet with that weapon? If so, is there anywhere I can compare it to damage models for the game on non-hardcore servers to determine if the KPH has been artificially inflated?  Thank you. 

• dougandbugs
    Banned
    Member since September 20, 2017

Battlefield 4 Weapon List & Data

http://symthic.com/bf4-weapon-info

Compare with other players' KPH on cheatreports

DMG mod is obvious

ex) This is an extreme example

http://bf4cheatreport.com/?rid=1085347488831743104

• dougandbugs
    User

Thank you for the quick reply. I took a look at that website, and it appears the maximum damage model on a 100HP server, non-headshot for an AEK is 25. I have a battlereport where someone's KPH for the AEK is 40, with 41 kills and only 3 headshot kills. I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly as the last thing I want to do is make an unfounded report. Is there a way to explain a KPH of 40 with the AEK under these parameters I just listed? 

• dougandbugs
    Administrator
    Member since May 08, 2017

Throw a mini nade or a impact nade then finish the target off in one shot. Or shoot in large groups so you get collat kills. Or fire damage. Anything that involves killing pre-damaged targets. Depends on the situation how likely this is though. 

• dougandbugs
    User

Thank you for the information, glad to learn. 

• dougandbugs
    Gold Supporter
    Member since May 07, 2017

A single mildly out-of-kilter KPH is not going to be convincing evidece (unless maybe the guy got 100 kills during the game).  But there are lots of things that make KPH a very, very fuzzy sort of figure.

-- Health setting on the server.  If it's HC, health is 60%, so a KPH of 40% just means it's doing 40% damage out of 60%, or 24%.

-- Headshots.  Weapon classes have different scaling for HS's.  1.0 to 2.2.  BF4CR takes that into account, but only gets per-weapon stats from DICE for the single weapon with the most kills.  Which leads us to...

-- Use of other weapons during the game.  If someone has 60 kills in game and a high KPH,, but 30 of the kills were with assault rifles and 25 were with sniper bolt rifles and 5 were with high damage pistols, the KPH is going to seem impossibly high for an AR.  DICE doesn't put enough stats into the battlereports to figure out exactly what else went on in game.  You can sometimes use award ribbons to sort things out a little and put a cap on how many kills could have been done with a sniper rifle, say, or see ribbons for AR's and PDW's and LMG's and none for any thing else, and then the KPH stat starts to mean more.

-- Statistics.  Scav pointed that out.  If you are playing with a friend and he's always in the lead so you are the second on into a room and around corners, you may always be batting cleanup.  If your friend puts half the damage into each victim and you just finish him off, that KPH will be double.   I know of no way to correct for this, so you just have to ignore stats on weapons and games with few kills.  BF4DB doesn't even display weapon stats until the weapon hits 100 kills, so imagine how unreliable the stats are in a game where the player got 12 kills.  Now, if the one game shows the guy getting 80 kills all with one weapon with 90% KPH, you may have something.  But again, badly broken battlereports are known to have happened (like sometimes it will combine the stats from two games together and report it all as just one game).  

• dougandbugs
    Administrator
    Member since May 08, 2017

Thanks FroToe for this more detailed explanation :)
  • dougandbugs
    User

Thank you very much everyone, I would have just got meme answers had I taken this to reddit.