This thread is locked, you cannot reply.
  • Sullivan
    User
    Member since December 06, 2017

Straight to the point.

A player is banned by punkbuster, and has a new account. I wonder if it's possible to ban it?

Note: I have evidence that both accounts are linked, and that they are being used by the same player.

I thank you for your attention!

• Sullivan
    Administrator
    Member since May 08, 2017

Report his new account and provide evidence that it is the same player. Search his name with the searchbar on the homepage and click the red report button.

• Sullivan
    User
    Member since January 16, 2018

"

Report his new account and provide evidence that it is the same player. Search his name with the searchbar on the homepage and click the red report button.

Scavenger
    So if a player was banned previously and gets a new account, if you can prove its the same player, the new account will receive a ban as well? even if they have not done anything suspicious with the new account?

• Sullivan
    User
    Member since June 05, 2017

@fa7ar7  I like to think a ban should be addressed to the user behind the account and not the account itself.

banning for linked account is a good idea.

• Sullivan
    User
    Member since June 05, 2017

nevermind ...  https://www.bf4db.com/player/ban/1872399536

• Sullivan
    Administrator

"

"

Scavenger
    So if a player was banned previously and gets a new account, if you can prove its the same player, the new account will receive a ban as well? even if they have not done anything suspicious with the new account?

fa7ar7
    Yes, that is true. 

• Sullivan
    User

"

"

"

Scavenger

fa7ar7
    Yes, that is true. 

Scavenger
    So a single incident in one account should stop the individual from EVER playing the game again? I think thats a bit extreme isnt it?

• Sullivan
    Administrator

"

"

"

"

Scavenger

fa7ar7
    Yes, that is true. 

Scavenger
    So a single incident in one account should stop the individual from EVER playing the game again? I think thats a bit extreme isnt it?

fa7ar7
    I think it is pretty reasonable. Your case is a good example of why it often isn't only a single incident.

If someone is willing to cheat we do not want that person in the game anymore, period. They ruin the game for others only for their own little rush.

EA makes it too easy for cheaters already with their 3 strikes out method of FairFight and Punkbuster only being able to kick. We basically do the work EA should do: punish cheaters, not treating them as customers.

• Sullivan
    User
    Member since December 18, 2017

We approve account linking.
    For the reasons already explained here.
    What happens is that we often have difficulties linking directly to ip without having the right tools for it.
    The account link is a differentiated protection that we have when using the BF4DB services.

• Sullivan
    Administrator

"

We approve account linking.
    For the reasons already explained here.
    What happens is that we often have difficulties linking directly to ip without having the right tools for it.
    The account link is a differentiated protection that we have when using the BF4DB services.

Velas-Belial
    There is being worked on making the tools we use available to the public. It is still in beta now and only available for staff. More info will follow. 

• Sullivan
    User

"

"

"

"

"

Scavenger

fa7ar7
    Yes, that is true. 

Scavenger

fa7ar7
    I think it is pretty reasonable. Your case is a good example of why it often isn't only a single incident.

If someone is willing to cheat we do not want that person in the game anymore, period. They ruin the game for others only for their own little rush.

EA makes it too easy for cheaters already with their 3 strikes out method of FairFight and Punkbuster only being able to kick. We basically do the work EA should do: punish cheaters, not treating them as customers.

Scavenger
    so since u ban based on IP, if i go to a LAN party and play, there is a chance other players will get banned for a linked account as well?

• Sullivan
    Administrator

Nope. We have our systems to rule that stuff out.

• Sullivan
    User

"

Scavenger
    Because of my old account, my friend brainairc7 got the linked account ban even though i did not touch the banned account for over a month and he hasnt been home for over 2 weeks, so why did he get the ban?

• Sullivan
    Administrator

"

"

Scavenger
    Because of my old account, my friend brainairc7 got the linked account ban even though i did not touch the banned account for over a month and he hasnt been home for over 2 weeks, so why did he get the ban?

fa7ar7
    Because of a mistake on my side. And sometimes linking is not as easy. But if someone can prove it is not his account you saw that the ban will be overturned. In case of a lanparty it is very obvious that the accounts are not from the same person.

• Sullivan
    User

"

"

"

Scavenger

fa7ar7
    Because of a mistake on my side. And sometimes linking is not as easy. But if someone can prove it is not his account you saw that the ban will be overturned. In case of a lanparty it is very obvious that the accounts are not from the same person.

Scavenger
    so even if the player buys a new account and has no suspicious activity what so ever and plays clean, he will still receive a ban? is there no way around this?