• TheGrickRimes
    User
    Member since July 06, 2020

In this thread I will be responding to my denied ban appeal which you can read here: https://bf4db.com/forum/thread/a-very-long-ban-appeal-6162#post-reply. I would've put my response there, however the thread has been locked and has had a character limit put on it which it is already surpassing (2,000 character limit and the post is over 8,000).

I will be responding to Angry_Cuban13's second comment, which has since been edited from its initial publishing (I take it we are letting cooler heads prevail as the comment was blunt and rude). I am only going to reply to the 1st paragraph of the comment, as my original post covers the rest. I plan on keeping this shorter as Angry_Cuban13 wasn't a fan of my "long-college essay" as they originally wrote. So without further ado:

I was happy to see the final comment revised but still was disappointed in the comment as it fell short of justice. As it is stated: "your account has been compromised at some point, and was used to cheat during that time" but my account remains banned because "cheats were used on that account". I wish to parallel this situation to the one in my original post, where a player asked for a hacked kit, received and used it, was banned for using it, and was then unbanned when they explained their situation. If it is proven that I was not the one who used my account for nefarious activity and I did not grant consent of the use of my account, why am I the one being punished? If someone who is willing to cheat gets a second chance why shouldn't I? I did not ask for some to cheat on my account and have never purposefully cheated in Battlefield 4. I have since changed the password of my account to prove that the person who forcefully logged in cannot access it again.

That's really all I had to say. I don't plan on playing Battlefield 4 again as finding a server I can play would be more effort than it's worth. My friends and I are discomposed at how this whole ordeal has gone down and none of us plan on playing the game anytime soon, which is a shame. Again, I hope someone looks over my case and can at least explain why I shouldn't get another go at the game.

• TheGrickRimes
    Retired Staff
    Member since May 05, 2017

"I understand my gun was stolen and it was used to commit a crime . I didn't ask for the crime to be committed. Why are you taking the gun away?"

That's your rationale.

My initial response to your appeal was because I was under the impression that the person who responded on your appeal was you, not somebody else. Which is the only reason why I changed my response.

• TheGrickRimes
    User
    Member since July 06, 2020

"

"I understand my gun was stolen and it was used to commit a crime . I didn't ask for the crime to be committed. Why are you taking the gun away?"

Angry_Cuban13
    Recovered stolen guns used in crimes are returned to the rightful owners, typically after being used for evidence, as stated by the Giffords Law Center To Prevent Gun Violence. (Source: https://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/policy-areas/gun-owner-responsibilities/reporting-lost-stolen-guns/ and https://www.nwahomepage.com/news/what-happens-to-stolen-guns-once-they-are-recovered/). Plus if the firearms cannot be returned, owners may be financially compensated.

While I did not make that comment you replied to I will however state that it was a valid point and pretty humorous.

All I am wanting to hear is why I can't have a second chance.
  • TheGrickRimes
    User
    Member since November 25, 2018

In the past BF4DB would ban the account, and all future accounts created by the same person when their account was hacked and used to cheat.  It is only recently that they have allowed any sort of reprieve for people who's account was stolen and used to cheat.  The thing is, you now DO get a second chance, where in the past you wouldn't.  This account will not be unbanned.  Play on official servers, play on servers not running the plugin, ask server owners for a white list, or buy a new account.  That is your second chance.