• Kungen1
    User
    Member since August 13, 2019

I've recently had a run-in with a player using Clumsy to get an increased latency. From my understanding the software can capture/lag/drop/tamper packets on demand. Would this be something that should be allowed?

Couldnt find info if links were allowed or not, but you can easily find clumsy on github, jagt/clumsy.

From my understanding its detected by battleye and has been used to gain unfair advantages in other games, but what about bf4?

Thanks for your help

//Kungen

• Kungen1
    Gold Supporter
    Member since May 18, 2019

Why would one use it, if there is no benefit? If ya use 3rd party software to gain an advantage, its cheating. Even some well known Brand features are bannable, like crosshair overlay (in HC) and the visualization of sound, which was meant for deaf ppl.

• Kungen1
    Gold Supporter

"

I've recently had a run-in with a player using Clumsy to get an increased latency. From my understanding the software can capture/lag/drop/tamper packets on demand. Would this be something that should be allowed?

Couldnt find info if links were allowed or not, but you can easily find clumsy on github, jagt/clumsy.

From my understanding its detected by battleye and has been used to gain unfair advantages in other games, but what about bf4?

Thanks for your help

//Kungen

Kungen1
    Did he tell ya, or how do you know he uses it?

• Kungen1
    User

He said so in all chat on our server. Seems afew regulars had noted his change in ping earlier. I banned on the basis of "if it doesnt give an advantage, why bother?" but we later unbanned under the promise of him not using it anymore. The player has a history of commenting on netcode (excuses). 

I didnt bother with adding an image URL, but this is the chat when i first noticed it

"
     It is the "NET-CODE" evening out all player latencies.
    My game is just shitty as hell when playing with 7ms.
    I delay all IP traffi. 
    Also the IP addres or just all traffic.
    You just give in the amount of msecs to delay and how much packet drops.
    If I was still on Discord I could explain. Google for "clumsy" opensource app.
    Increasing my ping now .....
    Should I increase it to the best ping of 45ms
    Still playing with 7ms ping :((((
    "

• Kungen1
    Gold Supporter

"

He said so in all chat on our server. Seems afew regulars had noted his change in ping earlier. I banned on the basis of "if it doesnt give an advantage, why bother?" but we later unbanned under the promise of him not using it anymore. The player has a history of commenting on netcode (excuses). 

I didnt bother with adding an image URL, but this is the chat when i first noticed it

"
     It is the "NET-CODE" evening out all player latencies.
    My game is just shitty as hell when playing with 7ms.
    I delay all IP traffi. 
    Also the IP addres or just all traffic.
    You just give in the amount of msecs to delay and how much packet drops.
    If I was still on Discord I could explain. Google for "clumsy" opensource app.
    Increasing my ping now .....
    Should I increase it to the best ping of 45ms
    Still playing with 7ms ping :((((
    "

Kungen1

Its known as "lag-switch"

If he delays/blocks the data packages that leave his computer / makes the ping seem higher than it actually is, he gets an unfair advantage.. on his screen he still plays with fluid and fast 7ms latency, while others see him later/rubberbanding/lagging and he also gets an advantage from the server side, which thinks he shot earlier than he actually did. (7ms actual ping and 45ms fake ping means, that he gets an 38ms advantage over others.) 

as far as i know "clumsy" only tempers with data that goes out to the server, not the one that the PC recieves.

But if he stopped using it, its fine i guess..

• Kungen1
    User

Any BF4DB admin have anything to say about this?

• Kungen1
    User
    Member since June 15, 2021

Don't worry, they will ban you anyway. And if you try to appeal, they will only reply when you are asleep and close your ticket in under 8 hours. After the ticket is closed, they will silence you on the Discord server.

They never reviewed my case twice and just talked down to me, saying that I'm a cheater. However, if you check my Steam profile, you'll see that I have been clean for 9 years with no VAC bans. I really love playing Battlefield 4 and would love to play again.

I hope you don't get banned just because you're asking.

• Kungen1
    Administrator
    Member since May 08, 2017

"

Thanks for your help

//Kungen

Kungen1
    For a more in dept answer, you'd have to hop into the Discord. But quoting our policy:

"In addition to the above, bans will also be issued for the following:
    ● Gameplay enhancers such as crosshair overlays (when used on Hardcore) or other
    hardware/software designed to give players an unfair advantage (including, but not
    limited to, ASUS Sonic Radar). This does not include cheats or hacks. These can be
    appealed once.
    ..."