This thread is locked, you cannot reply.
  • Sovereign_Skies
    Retired Staff
    Member since May 05, 2017

Hello, everyone! I wanted to bring something to your attention today. Grab some popcorn, and let’s jump right in. 

Before our launch on May 5th, 2017, we had a signup form for anyone interested in hearing about our development journey. After launch that list has been more or less unused. Until yesterday. 

We have started the process of updating our newsletter list to be GDPR compliant as well as relevant to specific groups (e.g. Server Owners, Server Admins, Patreon supporters, etc.). The purpose of this is to get announcements and other information out in more than one way than Discord in an efficient and timely manner. 

The first step is pruning the existing list from old email addresses that either no longer exist or were not valid in the first place. At the same time, we need to collect consent from the remaining addresses on file to keep them on the list. Some of you may have received an email from us within the last 12 hours asking for that. 

We have had a couple of people ask if that email really was from us, and I can assure you that it was. In the email, it stated that your email preferences needed to be updated or the address would be automatically removed from the list. Those who wish to unsubscribe, can do so as well. 

With that step completed, we will now be adding many of you to the list. If you are a Clan Representative, or have claimed a server, you will be manually added to our list. You will receive an email asking for confirmation of subscription.

We highly recommend subscribing as plugin updates, important announcements and service issues will be sent through email first. If you wish not to accept, that will be respected as well. 

Those who are Patreon supporters (https://Patreon.com/bf4db) will be automatically added and removed from the list depending on if you’re a current Patron or if you cancel your subscription. 

Thank you for your continued support of BF4DB as we round the corner to our second anniversary this upcoming May. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to contact me on Discord. 

Regards,

Sovereign