This thread is locked, you cannot reply.
  • 18jsmeal
    User
    Member since August 20, 2018

To Staff,

First off I would like to say that, this is not an appeal, more of a rant post. Towards BF4DB, I respect all of you as a whole, doing what you are doing, banning hackers or people that are breaking rules. But as of last week you would know I was banned for "Multihack". I would first like to state that I was not hacking, I simply had not played any DLC maps before, and picked up a weapon (railgun) not knowingly it was hacked in... I just thought it was like one of those snipers or special rocket launchers you can pick up. In my appeal, I clearly explained that I HAD NOT spawned it in, just picked it up. My application was denied due to not having recording. This is bullshit, because you should not have to record game play 24/7 to prevent you guys from banning people. I would also like to point out that many people may not have the resources or computing power to record without lagging extremely bad, in my case I do however, I do not record my game play unless I am specifically making a video on something or reporting something for some game. The reason I bring this up is because the staff on here is banning many legit players for picking up hacker's weapons and stating that they were the one that spawned them in (calling them liars basically) and saying that they should have been recording... but how do you prepare for something you do not know is coming? It is kinda like a pop quiz, how are you supposed to study without knowing your test is coming. I would also like to point out that many of these people being banned for "Multihack" have not been detected by ANY other BF4 anticheat running such as Punkbuster, or Fairfight (me included). I seriously think that this is a bullshit reason to keep someone banned and preventing them from playing a game they purchased from EA and EA themselves hasn't banned them or marked them as a cheater. This just shows that if by two other anticheats hadn't detected them and they have normal stats, should just show that they are not a cheater. This is almost worth filing a lawsuit against EA for even allowing such a company as you guys to prevent players from playing THEIR game. You should seriously reconsider the banning circumstances because they are simply not fair. And to further prove my point... why don't you guys go play and find a hacker yourself in a game and see that you can kill them and pick up their weapon then YOURSELVES will get marked as a cheater. 

Thank you for your time.

• 18jsmeal
    User
    Member since August 25, 2018

I do see a flaw in the "multihack" ban process. Innocent players just in the wrong place at the wrong time, or the see a gun that they may have never seen before and they want to try it out.

• 18jsmeal
    Administrator
    Member since May 08, 2017

Spread the word about not to pick up weapons that don't belong on the map. Using such weapons on maps other then the ones they were designed for gives an unfair advantage over other players and will be considered cheating (just like invisibility glitching). Furthermore we can not see who spawned it. Thank Dice for the lack of a basic check in their code that prevents impossible loadouts. 

We don't say you are lying, the only fact we have is that you used a weapon that is not on that map. We've had multiple cases of people letting friends download a cheat and spawn stuff for them so they did not get banned themselves.

Furthermore, you can still play the game. Only not on BF4DB servers. EA does not give any warranty that all servers are available at all time. Neither are they responsible for what happens on servers not owned by them, hence the "Ranked" server tag (ToS section 4 and 11). Official servers are not affected by 3rd party plugins and should not hinder you playing on them.

Closing this thread as we've had multiple discussions about this already. 

• 18jsmeal
    Administrator
    Member since May 08, 2017

Another strange thing I found after double checking your case: https://bf4db.com/player/599799646

Same gravatar MD5 and a solid link in PBBans and ACI. This and the results that pop up when I google your BF4DB username..

That account also belongs to you. It is banned for an actual PB violation and has very cheaty stats. In BF3 the account has a PB global.. But I guess those stats are legit and the PB violation was a false positive? Damn those ACs all banning legit players, sucks they kill the game...