• dougandbugs
    User
    Member since October 22, 2017

Hello, I noticed the following player has 2 "claimed" accounts, one of which is bf4db banned.

https://bf4db.com/player/1154661868

I know bf4db has new policies for hacked accounts, but I can't see that info on my end.

Is the former "clean" account linked to the latter banned account? Or was the latter hacked? 

• dougandbugs
    Administrator
    Member since August 14, 2017

The claimed banned account was shared with a cheater and therefor banned. ItsClearly was never noticed in using cheats and therefor his main account isn't banned. We ban linked to a cheating player accounts, not just any accounts. 

• dougandbugs
    User

Hello Volt, thank you for the response. 

I read the updated banning policy located here - https://bf4db.com/banning

It states the following -  "BF4DB issues bans to players, not just the account. Therefore, any account that can be positively linked to a banned account will also be banned. "

For proper optics, if a pleb like me were to share one of my alt accounts with a hacker today, then my main account wouldn't be banned?

This sounds like what I'm hearing. And I know I've seen the converse be true in appeals in the past. 

So I ask that bf4db make an on the record statement.

Someone else can cheat on one of my alt accounts, but my main account won't be banned. Correct? 

And any and all future appeals can link to this thread if someone else cheated on an alt account (NOT hacked account, but someone just cheated, just plain old cheated, on an alt) and they will receive a ban appeal approval, correct? 

• dougandbugs
    Administrator

That is exactly what I am saying.

If someone hacks your alt account or you share it with someone who then uses cheats on that account and we can confirm it with our internal data then the cheating account gets banned but any accounts linked to YOU aren't.

It's the same with "Hacked account" policy. A person might have had his account hacked and then accessed/used by a cheater. After appealing the account would remain banned but we mark it with "Hacked account" indicating that any new accounts this person gets won't be banned for "Linked account".

• dougandbugs
    Administrator

You just edited your post with "And any and all future appeals can link to this thread if someone else cheated on an alt account (NOT hacked account, but someone just cheated, just plain old cheated, on an alt) and they will receive a ban appeal approval, correct?" and I don't get what you mean by this.

Cheating accounts are never unbanned. Accounts shared with known cheaters are never unbanned. We ban A PERSON and his accounts, not other way around

• dougandbugs
    User

Thank you for your response Volt. 

I have just listed two alts on https://www.gamermarkt.com/en (dm for more info hackers)

They are both listed for a dollar, the only stipulation is that they have to cheat when they use it. 

Stay tuned for my ban appeals.

Do not ban my main account by the way. 

• dougandbugs
    Administrator

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve to be honest. Or what is  your message overall. Or what you are disagreeing with

• dougandbugs
    User

"

You just edited your post with "And any and all future appeals can link to this thread if someone else cheated on an alt account (NOT hacked account, but someone just cheated, just plain old cheated, on an alt) and they will receive a ban appeal approval, correct?" and I don't get what you mean by this.

Cheating accounts are never unbanned. Accounts shared with known cheaters are never unbanned. We ban A PERSON and his accounts, not other way around

Volt
    Yes, to point out the absurdity of this position.

You ban the person, how do you think that person has an alt that had a person cheating on it? This person wasn't hacked from any ban appeals I can see. 

I can give my debit card info to a person on the internet right now, but I have to live the repercussions.

I like your service, and I will operate within the parameters of your policy. 

But if I can let anyone and everyone cheat on one of my alts and I suffer nothing, then I see a fundamental flaw. 

If I travel somewhere tomorrow, use one of my alts and rage hack on it, how can you prove I did anything different from the person in the afore mentioned appeal? 

Precedents matter. 

• dougandbugs
    Administrator

"

"

Volt
    Yes, to point out the absurdity of this position.

You ban the person, how do you think that person has an alt that had a person cheating on it? This person wasn't hacked from any ban appeals I can see. 

I can give my debit card info to a person on the internet right now, but I have to live the repercussions.

I like your service, and I will operate within the parameters of your policy. 

But if I can let anyone and everyone cheat on one of my alts and I suffer nothing, then I see a fundamental flaw. 

If I travel somewhere tomorrow, use one of my alts and rage hack on it, how can you prove I did anything different from the person in the afore mentioned appeal? 

Precedents matter. 

dougandbugs
    I think I already mentioned that the account was banned because it was shared with a known cheater and it remains banned. We have the logs to confirm that the aforementioned account was used actively by someone else while Clearly was using his own account at the same time.
    You let someone cheat on your account but why should we ban you? I don't understand your logic here. Surely we can't establish with 100% certainty in every case that the account was indeed stolen/not stolen, but there is no perfect system.

• dougandbugs
    User

"You let someone cheat on your account, but why should we ban you? I don't understand your logic here."

Thank you for your time and I appreciate your service, I have nothing further to add. 

• dougandbugs
    Administrator

"

"You let someone cheat on your account, but why should we ban you? I don't understand your logic here."

Thank you for your time and I appreciate your service, I have nothing further to add. 

dougandbugs
    I think you once again misunderstand what I am saying.
    We will ban that account, and we will ban all of your other accounts if we have no way to prove it wasn't you behind the account at the moment the cheating occurred. But we will not ban people who shared accounts with cheaters because it is not a part of the policy and whether it's "sharing account" or "stolen account" is a much more difficult thing to prove. We always tell people to avoid sharing accounts with cheaters because these accounts will be banned. But if we are to ban literally anyone who's ever been somehow linked to a cheating account (whether stolen or shared) then the population of bf4 will shrink severely. It is a delicate thing to prove the link within our system and we do not want innocent people to be punished

• dougandbugs
    Administrator

We have many other cases of people with claimed accounts where they would have 1 or even 2+ accounts banned but main account would be Clean

• dougandbugs
    User

I didn't misunderstand anything. I quoted your own words. I knew the policy before I made the thread, the thread was here to point out the gaps in it. 

"But if we are to ban literally anyone who's ever been somehow linked to a cheating account (whether stolen or shared) then the population of bf4 will shrink severely."

I get this, it is a 7 year old game.

I'm simply saying that people who share their alts with cheaters shouldn't be given a free pass in order to help populate servers.

It isn't a crazy idea, the position I am for was literally bf4db's position for several years, it just changed recently to populate servers apparently. 

• dougandbugs
    Administrator

"

I didn't misunderstand anything. I quoted your own words. I knew the policy before I made the thread, the thread was here to point out the gaps in it. 

"But if we are to ban literally anyone who's ever been somehow linked to a cheating account (whether stolen or shared) then the population of bf4 will shrink severely."

I get this, it is a 7 year old game.

I'm simply saying that people who share their alts with cheaters shouldn't be given a free pass in order to help populate servers.

It isn't a crazy idea, the position I am for was literally bf4db's position for several years, it just changed recently to populate servers apparently. 

dougandbugs
    They did not cheat. Why should we ban them. I believe your approach to "ban anyone associated with cheaters in some way" is a radical one. These people are innocent from the game experience perspective. We never banned everyone for sharing accounts either. You are wrong here. The policy change is only regarding the change of the account ban tag technically and added transparency for the admins. We did and do always ban people for linked accounts based on the description in the ban policy 

• dougandbugs
    User

First of all, don't put something I didn't say in quotes. That isn't how that works. 

Secondly, it took me 15 seconds to find a thread that directly contradicts what you just said. 

https://bf4db.com/forum/thread/linked-accounts-4276

"If someone has multiple accounts of which one is banned by us for cheating, we will ban all the other accounts owned by him." -bf4db admin 

"You are wrong here" - You. 

"No, you." Me.