This thread is locked, you cannot reply.
  • TIL DEČKO
    User
    Member since March 18, 2021

Soldier Name: J_Overcraft

Link To BF4DB Soldier Profile

Have You Claimed Your Soldier: Yes.

Appeal (TL:DR version on the bottom): 

Hello.

Never thought I'd be doing this, yet here we are. I have never hacked in a video game, exept that one time when I downloaded an autoclicker to use for potion spamming in Minecraft singleplayer.

You can imagine my surprise when I saw the in-game chat being flodded with message: "J_Overcraft is banned for Multihacking." That's odd, I thought to myself. But I didn't put much thought to it, since the anti-cheat software in the next server me and my friends tried to join had absolutely no intent to kick me for 'Multihack'. After that day, I haven't played Battlefield for some days, and I was off from Battlefield 4 for some months beforehand.

On the evening of writing this review, however, neither of the 6 or so servers I attempted to join did not allow my account to stay on it for more than a minute before being kicked for, allegedly, multihacking. So, I decided to check on the issue and went on link, listed in the chat, which took me to my soldier profile. There is a link to the reason for a ban, which I clicked, and to my surprise found a screenshot from a very old game (there it says the round took part '7 months ago', while the report was made 1 week ago). In the picture, it can be clearly seen that my 'best vehicle' was the XD-1 Accipiter, which I've managed to get a whole lot of 6 kills with. 

Now, I'm not denying I haven't used the equipment that wouldn't be possible to obtain on this map through regular means. What is more, I can provide you with an aditional bit of information: I have also used RORSCH MK-1, and maybe a tiny bit of RAWR this round as well. BUT: if you go to my Battlelog soldier profile, you will see that said equipment hasn't been used much... at all, in my hands at least. I encourage you to make sure about furthermentioned information on your own, but I will list the stats in the time of making this:

XD-1 Accipiter kills = 6; RORSCH MK-1 kills = 4 (about 2 or so must be from gun games); RAWR kills = 0. 

That means that I have performed about 8 kills with equipment that isn't avaliable on this particular map. Furthermore, if one was to check out my soldier profile on Battlelog, they would find really underwhelming stats, especially for a player with 'multihacks'. What to make of this?

About 4 or so rounds on the evening this round happened, I was playing with a hacker. They were a pretty powerful one: while mostly restricting their abilities to spawning in the exclusive equipment, accessible only on certain maps, they also turned on flight and aimbot at one point since some enemy players were spamming them to turn off the hacks and then became annoyed with them, hence showcased their abilities even further. There was an occurence where he even killed all players in the server at once. 

Before I go on, I must state that I do absolutely not support hacking in games that harm others. It bugs me so f*****g much to be killed by the same cheater over and over and over again while he slily escapes all reports, which has been, in my experience, a case for a lot of cheaters. But this guy was different. He didn't do it for the kills - he did it for fun (spawning in exclusive equipment, that is). Check out his place in leaderboards after I reveal his username - he is far from being first, with <1 kdr. After talking to him through the in-game chat, he proved himself to be a very chill dude indeed, and at one point he tried to persuade me to use some of the equipment myself. Besides being strongly agains cheaters, I also had a bad feeling about doing so since I had a feeling that it might cause trouble for me as well. He responded with something along the lines of "It's ok, I understand". As the rounds went by, though, I loosened up my perspective, and in the very last round we were placed on the opposite teams. As I said, he wasn't cheating for kills or score, but merely for the fun of it, harming the other players as little as he could. That being said, though, I found his soldier lying dead plenty of times, with the "forbidden equipment" on his kit. At that point, since it was the last round before logging of for me, I thought 'why the hell not, it's doing no harm anyway', picked up his kit and accumulated some kills. Because I wasn't spamming it and doing crazy killing sprees, most of the players didn't mind at all. After the round ended, I wished the cheater goodbye, and logged off. 

Even though I have seen this cheater on the server some times afterwards, they have long been banned for reasons such as multihack, aimbot and flight to name a few. For those interested in his identity: their name begins with a 'w' and was rank 30 at the time (sorry, I'm not here to directly point fingers, as I don't know if it's against the rules). 

As I've stated earlier, I was very much against the hack abusing at the time, and I hold the same view today. From what I said, I think it is reasonably clear that I wouldn't have used the hacked equipment if it was purely for the sake of meaningless number accumulation, such as points and kills, which would also harm a lot of BF players in the process. Instead, I was using it to do something stupid, fun and mostly harmless, since that was my main goal of my mind at 2 o'clock or so in the morning. I am not planning to use hacks at any point in the future and am also planning to stay as far from as possible the hackers that could get me into trouble. I realize that most are just straight up annoying, pesky and braindead players that are a hell to deal with, and I am proud to say that I'm not one of them. 

TL:DR: I used map-exclusive equipment in maps where it shouldn't have been possible. All of the equipment was spawned in by a hacker in the same server, and I decided to try out the equipment for a bit. At no point was I performing the 'multihacking' - I was merely picking up the dropped weapons. By doing so, very few people were actually affected, and I did not use the equipment to gain actual advantage over the enemy team - I was merely doing it for the "lols", thinking nothing bad could happen. 

• TIL DEČKO
    Administrator
    Member since March 08, 2020

Sorry for the delay.

Do you happen to remember the name of the hacker who was "cheating up a storm"?

• TIL DEČKO
    User
    Member since March 18, 2021

No worries. I myself was quite busy these days as well.

At the time of writing my appeal, I was trying not to directly point fingers since I was unsure whether it is against the policies on this forum. But, since you asked, the hacker's username was 'wipsor'. Although the battle in my ban report happened more than half a year ago, I was still able to remember it. You can find his name under the battle report, linked in my ban report thread, where you'll see that he was on 12th place on the opposing team. I've already looked up his account while writing the appeal, where I found that he was banned not-too-soon after he played in the same match as me, for reasons such as flying, aimbotting, and using spawned equipment. 

• TIL DEČKO
    Administrator
    Member since March 08, 2020

Thanks for the confirmation. Appeal Approved

Please keep in mind, that you should not pick up and use a hacker's kit. If you do it again, the ban will become permanent.