• Sovereign_Skies
    Director
    Member since May 05, 2017

Hello everyone,

Today I wanted to address an issue that a few people have commented on recently, and I wanted to provide a little behind-the-scenes insight from our perspective. 

It’s not uncommon for people to say something along the lines of, “hey I reported (Insert Name Here) quite a while ago and they’re still set to ‘Investigating’. How come?” We’re so glad you asked. 

Right now, the vast majority of the reports we get every day consist of nothing more than “He hacks/has Aimbot/damage mod/etc”, and that’s it. If we’re lucky we’ll also get a battle report. Incredibly basic reports like that take more time to investigate. If doesn’t have any information at all, they’re most likely cleared for no proof. The reason for that is because of the sheer volume of reports we get, every day.

Some of the reports we get are quite detailed and include not only a summary of why they should be banned, but includes one or more battle reports and if we’re really lucky, a YouTube video of suitable length. Those make our jobs a lot easier as we have a place to start and investigate further. 

Our moderation team is a relatively small team and on some of the more complicated cases that aren’t just cut and dry, it can take the entire team upwards of an hour to work one complicated report. This involves extensive cross-site research, utilizing our tools, and doing some good ol’ fashioned Battlelog digging. 

On top of manual reports that are issued, the Site Bot also flags accounts automatically depending on stats and issues bans automatically when it reaches a very high threshold (think ragehacking). When it flags an account it lets us know on our side that this person has a pretty good chance of being a hacker based on a few factors. They are not banned, just merely flagged for review. We clear those flagged accounts as we can, workload permitting.

To put all of this in perspective, as of now we have 161 pending reports, and 2,613 accounts that have been flagged and require attention. 

The answer isn’t as easy as adding a lot more Moderators, which many are probably thinking. A more refined reporting system is in the works with required fields, and a few other things. In the meantime, all we can ask is that you provide as much detail as you possibly can when reporting someone. And we appreciate your patience in clearing the pending reports!

• Sovereign_Skies
    Administrator

I've been guilty of asking that question myself. As a server admin, I've never had to deal with the volumes of reports you guys get and I see a small side of it so I certainly appreciate everything you guys do.

BF4DB "Doing server admin's job because we are lazy"™ (no steal Burt)

• Sovereign_Skies
    User

Yes, thank you for all your hard work, it's very much appreciated.

• Sovereign_Skies
    Director

Lol this thread was not intended to be a “appreciate us more” thread but rather “soz we slower sometimes” ?

• Sovereign_Skies
    User
    Member since October 22, 2017

• Sovereign_Skies
    User
    Member since June 21, 2017

I've got plenty of time - can provide help  ^^
  • Sovereign_Skies
    Administrator

Hey ummm I literally reported 5 people earlier today, when can you ban them? kthx.

• Sovereign_Skies
    User
    Member since June 21, 2017

"

Hey ummm I literally reported 5 people earlier today, when can you ban them? kthx.

Angry_Cuban13
    Youre kidding right ?  o.O

• Sovereign_Skies
    User
    Member since February 09, 2018

Hello all, good morning Sov, happy to read you again. Please still pardon my bad english ! I have just posted here a report without any proof...Sorry for that.