This thread is locked, you cannot reply.
  • hockeeyyy
    User
    Member since May 05, 2017

Hello everyone.

Some of you may know of me through the original BF4DB, but I plan to make reporting and banning as painless of an experience as possible.  The overarching goal for both reporters and administrators / moderators is to limit the amount of confusion and disconnect between the reports and the evidence provided.

Reporting a Player

Please use the following template for now until we can add it in a future update:

Proof of Cheating:

Proof of cheating can be, but not limited to:
    Link to third party (Punkbuster, GGC, Punkbuster Screenshot, ACI stream list, etc)
    * Video (Continuous two minute video that is unedited and clearly shows evidence of cheating)
    * Highlight(s) of a player's statistical anomalies, or proof of a stat-reset

Please be aware that the number of reports in the last five days has been approximately 1,000.  We've managed to confirm 855 bans of those ~1,000.  I would like to thank each and every one of you for your efforts and desire to fix the issue of cheating in Battlefield 4.  However, many of those reports were closed or ignored due to lack of evidence or lack of detail.  For us to give you the best possible service, it is imperative that when you make a report, you provide a clear and concise reason for the report, and a link to the actual ban report from a third party -- don't just say he's cheating and offer his GUID; we need more than that.  It takes way too much time for us to go searching a GUID when you could have easily just linked the player's third party ban page. 

Moreover, it's important that when a report is made, you provide all the evidence available at your disposal rather than giving the bare minimum. 

Thanks everyone.

Best,

hockey

• hockeeyyy
    Gold Supporter
    Member since May 07, 2017

Yes, I must say I really appreciate the players who whine "he's hax" in chat, and when I ask 'em to record video or provide any proof they reply "that's not my job, that's YOUR job, you are the admin". 

Don't bring that approach to BF4DB.  It's not my job or their job to do research to prove someone who killed you 4 times in a row is cheating. 

Mind you, there are times I and others will go to significant lengths to prove someone is cheating.  Like if you appeal a ban I put on you in Metabans a year ago and make me go dig for proof, when I find it and reply to you I will also tell 247Fairplay and BF4DB and try to get the ban widened as far and wide as possible--moral of the story: don't appeal bans when you're guilty 'cause it ticks me off.  But normally "ain't nobody got time for that" applies. 

Would be nice if BF4DB let us see a list of folks who've been reported so if we "out here" dig up some dirt we can add to the thread.  That worked pretty well at times on the old BF4DB.

• hockeeyyy
    User
    Member since May 05, 2017

"

Yes, I must say I really appreciate the players who whine "he's hax" in chat, and when I ask 'em to record video or provide any proof they reply "that's not my job, that's YOUR job, you are the admin". 

Don't bring that approach to BF4DB.  It's not my job or their job to do research to prove someone who killed you 4 times in a row is cheating. 

Mind you, there are times I and others will go to significant lengths to prove someone is cheating.  Like if you appeal a ban I put on you in Metabans a year ago and make me go dig for proof, when I find it and reply to you I will also tell 247Fairplay and BF4DB and try to get the ban widened as far and wide as possible--moral of the story: don't appeal bans when you're guilty 'cause it ticks me off.  But normally "ain't nobody got time for that" applies. 

Would be nice if BF4DB let us see a list of folks who've been reported so if we "out here" dig up some dirt we can add to the thread.  That worked pretty well at times on the old BF4DB.

FroToe
    We are looking at adding a reputation system to be put in place for those who make multiple false reports -- the more negative their score, the less they will be able to report someone.  This will probably be timer based -- like a few days or something.  This helps us reduce spam, but details will need to be fleshed out over time.  

As to your last paragraph, that's being worked on as we speak.  That's definitely something that will be added soon.