• Soldier365nl
    User
    Member since May 26, 2017

Here is info for BF4DB.com. Who love DICE same working.
    Greeting Soldier2016:

Role overview:

We - DICE Operations - are looking for an experienced C++ Software Engineer to work on game anti-cheat features.
    You will be working in small teams that work closely together to create solutions to make the game experience more secure for all of our players.
    The role requires a deep understanding of existing software, both developed internally and externally. You will also be working in close collaboration with our game teams and external partners.

What an Anti-Cheat Engineer does at DICE Operations:
    Develop in our internal software stack, hardening our game against cheating and fraud attempts.
    Reverse-engineer external software applications that attempt to gain an unfair advantage, determine its functionality and develop countermeasures.
    Work with our security partners on furthering our combined detection efforts.
    Assist with developing backend functionality for monitoring the security of our players

Skills required:
    Extensive knowledge of C/C++
    Low-level knowledge of Windows
    Great communication skills that supports an open working environment in terms of feedback
    Solution oriented and self-driven with a strong sense of quality
    Good communication and documentation experience
    Proficient in written and spoken English

Nice to haves:
    Good knowledge of assembler (x86, x64)
    Good knowledge of Linux
    Understanding of game technology
    Experience with stability and anti-cheat features
    Knowledge of Scala, Java or other JVM languages

What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!

At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension.

Although we enjoy working hard at DICE, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.

The position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online with a combined CV and introduction letter in English. Don´t forget at link to your portfolio or reel.

We look forward to receiving your application!

• Soldier365nl
    Gold Supporter
    Member since May 07, 2017

Wonder if this is their first such hire, or are they replacing someone, or perhaps adding another?  Nice to see they're at least thinking about it seriously.

Hope whoever takes the job is mobile.  Imagine in 18 months when DICE has a couple games that tank, and EA tells 'em to cut costs immediately and they start looking around for places to do that.  I can tell you how that discussion will go: "Do we really have to have a fulltime anit-cheat guy?  John or Pierre can do it in their spare time like they used to and this guy doing it now doesn't generate any direct revenue--he's just overhead."

• Soldier365nl
    User
    Member since May 05, 2017

"

Wonder if this is their first such hire, or are they replacing someone, or perhaps adding another?  Nice to see they're at least thinking about it seriously.

Hope whoever takes the job is mobile.  Imagine in 18 months when DICE has a couple games that tank, and EA tells 'em to cut costs immediately and they start looking around for places to do that.  I can tell you how that discussion will go: "Do we really have to have a fulltime anit-cheat guy?  John or Pierre can do it in their spare time like they used to and this guy doing it now doesn't generate any direct revenue--he's just overhead."

FroToe

Which means don't quit your job for this position. I know Pierre, he does great work :)

• Soldier365nl
    Gold Supporter
    Member since May 07, 2017

I've known several real-life Pierre's over the ages, but the most interesting Pierre I know worked for IBM Research running parts of their data center about 20 years ago.  IBM was struggling as their mainframe world was collapsing around them and this guy had an epiphany:  "I work for Research--that's a pure overhead department, sure to be among the first to suffer deep cuts.  Worse, I do data center work for Research, which makes mine an overhead position in an overhead department.  Eeek--I'm double overhead"  He quit, got a job at a growing dot-com, and made $100M in the next 10 years.  

So, Pierre, take this as a lesson and don't go to work for DICE doing anti-cheat work.  It'll cost you about $99,850,000.