• hockeeyyy
    User
    Member since May 05, 2017

At BF4DB, transparency is one of the most important tenets of accountability.  For this reason, any changes to the ban policy will be publicly posted for review and feedback.  

New Ban Policy Changes -- May 15, 2017

• Removed Metabans from Third Party Evidence section.  
    • Added ACI details to Third Party Evidence section with specific clarification regarding static and dynamic IP links to banned accounts.
    • Added Clan / Community as the main descriptor of Third Party bans in the Third Party Evidence Section

Regarding the removal of Metabans, we have determined that the autonomous feature of Metabans (i.e., without any oversight) makes it an impossibly unreliable source to use.  For this reason, it has been removed from the Ban Policy language.  It can still be used to show name changes or other circumstantial evidence, but we will no longer accept Metabans as a primary or main supporting source of evidence.

Regarding the ACI policy, absolutely no screenshots or information from ACI will be allowed to be posted on BF4DB.  Any information regarding a player or a report must be privately messaged to the investigating admin.  ACI evidence will still be allowed though.  There are multiple reasons for the removal of public links or screenshots from ACI, but the main reason is due to ACI's questionable decision of removing streaming access from anyone who is connected to BF4DB or tries to help publicly.  Their acrimonious behaviour is related to the previous BF4DB owner and one of their admins, and not the current BF4DB owners or admins.  Until ACI consents to allowing public submissions on other domains, we can only ask that people offer ACI evidence in private.  Any ACI evidence posted to the public will be removed.

Thank you, and we are looking forward to your feedback.

• hockeeyyy
    User
    Member since May 09, 2017

Hello developers BF4DB.

Do you plan to do correct translation in German and Russian language ?

All - Patch Notes

Banning Terms and Policy I BF4DB

Tnx.

• hockeeyyy
    MXT
    User

"

Hello developers BF4DB.

Do you plan to do correct translation in German and Russian language ?

All - Patch Notes

Banning Terms and Policy I BF4DB

Tnx.

Daniel Nibiru
    We will have to discuss this further in a staff meeting, however for now you can just use the Google Chrome browser to read most of the site in your native language! If it doesnt translate it when you open the page you can simple press the right mousebutton once and force it to translate it into the language your browser is set to!

~Nadeko

• hockeeyyy
    User

All online translators do not convey the full meaning of written, unfortunately.

Need a correct translation to understand what is written.

• hockeeyyy
    MXT
    User

3220ac315fab4ee8a1cc2f6bc4618961.png

This is the translation chrome spit out and as a native german speaker I can confirm that this translation is very accurate. Translators might not do their jobs when the written text contains mistakes or other gramatical errors that an AI can't pick up and just translates the part wrong.

We already kind of talked about translating the page into different languages however we can't translate every single thread and post into multiple languages as that would be way too much work additional to the base work we do while running the site.

For now the only way to get the policies in your native language is through the usage of Google Chrome as browser or another text tranlation service.

Thanks for your understanding!

~Nadeko

• hockeeyyy
    User

In the Russian language that is written in this message looks like nonsense. (sorry)

aRBcNz6.png

• hockeeyyy
    Retired Staff

@all,

Translating BF4DB into other languages is something that has been requested multiple times already. It's on the list to discuss at our next weekly meeting. We will post additional information as it becomes available.

• hockeeyyy
    User

About ACI policy and copyrights. By their own rules and TOS, they can not forcibly demand to hide or delete evidence screenshots from aci history tools when screens have no their logo and owner of this screen with cover some part of the IP (mostly the last digits or one or two selectively). The same rules for issuing information on IP, as in pbans  or 247fairplay. Although since the time of this topic something has changed? (http://metabans.net/showthread.php?3263-ACI-Staff-threatens-streaming-admins-who-both-stream-to-ACI-amp-Metabans)

• hockeeyyy
    User

"

About ACI policy and copyrights. By their own rules and TOS, they can not forcibly demand to hide or delete evidence screenshots from aci history tools when screens have no their logo and owner of this screen with cover some part of the IP (mostly the last digits or one or two selectively). The same rules for issuing information on IP, as in pbans  or 247fairplay. Although since the time of this topic something has changed? (http://metabans.net/showthread.php?3263-ACI-Staff-threatens-streaming-admins-who-both-stream-to-ACI-amp-Metabans)

EBASHU8KASHU
    I really wanted to avoid getting into it, but Metabans' perspective of ACI mirrors our own in many ways, but also differs.  We respect the fact that ACI has their own proprietary software used to collect history data from each player, but unlike Metabans, we agree that their data is their own in the way they collect and collate it; not anyone else's.  To this end, we agree.  I know that DICE / EA threatened to barrage ACI with lawsuits and plugin denial in an upcoming patch, so ACI removed all public access to their history tool.  So we do understand that this information that they have collected cannot be publicly shared beyond their own domain and within the confines of an access / paywall. 

However, we strongly disagree with their resistance to data sharing.  ACI does a very nice job of collecting that information in a readable format.  But for Battlefield's community anticheat to thrive, we have to share information.  Information can range from IPs to GUIDs to bans from GGC / Punkbuster to manual bans for dirty screenshots from Punkbuster submissions.  In addition, Punkuster and GGC already obscure IPs -- there's literally no precedent to banning third parties for sharing IPs, so long it is done in a responsible manner.  It's ACI's responsibility to manage who views their history tracker, and it is not anyone else's responsibility to manage or punish those who abuse it.  Their policy, as you mentioned, doesn't even cover this particular indiscretion; in fact, I don't think they've updated their Terms of Service in years.  They had an opportunity and chose to play the victim.

ACI's staff is very dated, and extremely abusive.  Their inability to work with others is a major issue and it will be their inevitable downfall.  They are already struggling to make ends meet -- they only have a small handful of people donating and they are generally all administrators [source].   Their services aren't doing much to provide longevity for the site.  To be honest, I'm more surprised they even need $350 USD to sustain the site.  The admins are emotional, irrational, and incapable of deciphering nuances; Logan has threatened and bullied server administrators in some of their public forums [source] -- admonishing a server owner for not donating to their site to use their services is poor customer service.  I sent a message to both soldier and fragnader some time ago and soldier was the only one who responded saying:

"Unfortunately, due to mistreatment of some of our staff members on the part of BF4DB we've decided not to allow any membership to previous BF4DB staff." [source]

This was clearly a misdirection.  Since then, they've banned anyone connected to BF4DB, but none of them played any role with the previous BF4DB staff.  They have also banned a member of BF4DB (not an administrator) just a few days ago for linking their very public streaming ban list.  They have, time and time again, refused to acknowledge or clarify any of the reasons for their widespread banning of people connected to BF4DB or other services like Metabans.  

At this point, let's review the facts:
    • Anticheat Inc. has banned their members for participating with another third-party for using their data -- even when it is public;
    • Anticheat Inc. has banned members of BF4DB from participating in their forums or using their history tool;
    • Anticheat Inc. has banned current BF4DB admins even though they are not connected in any way, shape, or form to the previous BF4DB group (excluding me);
    • Anticheat Inc. use dated software to obtain player data, but have not updated their site or software in some time; in fact, I'm not even sure they have an active development staff any longer.  vBulletin is old, and is generally unable to cope with the daily traffic they do get (which is approximately 1,000 unique visitors a day -- previous BF4DB averaged approximately 20 times that prior to the DDOS attacks and eventual shutdown) [source]
    • Anticheat has no revenue stream, nor any revenue potential as their history tracker cannot track Battlefield 1, and other games they track are dated.  They apparently need $4,200 to host the site and their data, but can conceivably generate $2,920 a year through advertising -- which we know is probably the very high end of the scale for them.  Something isn't adding up about their donation requirements either.

To me, when I break down their behaviour over the last couple of years, it is clear to me that they are trying to monopolize player data with software that is no longer able to keep up with the changing technology; thus their actions in attacking other third party services.  Their inability to adapt to the changes in Battlefield One's API is a perfect example of this.  We are already working towards reducing the community's reliance on Anticheat Inc. and it will something that we will be sharing down the road.  Already, we have a prototype plugin that is near-ready and will likely be ready to collect player data and host it.  

ACI has no idea what to do with the changing technology and their inability to adapt has made them feel cornered.  This is their own doing, no one else's.  They had every opportunity to adapt before EA / DICE stepped in and tried to pass the blame onto others.  To them, I say good riddance.

• hockeeyyy
    User

BF4DB is the future, and the future is now.

• hockeeyyy
    User

I forgot to ask main question) What is cross game\platform ban policy? The position with 247 is quite clear and metabans. + Pbbans\ggc and ACI. if you cheat in bf 3, you would be banned in this systems in all other games which will be supported by these sites and their tools.
    P.S. Maybe I'm blind and did not find this information there.
  • hockeeyyy
    MXT
    User

"
    I forgot to ask main question) What is cross game\platform ban policy? The position with 247 is quite clear and metabans. + Pbbans\ggc and ACI. if you cheat in bf 3, you would be banned in this systems in all other games which will be supported by these sites and their tools.
    EBASHU8KASHU
    We are a PC focused AC organisation thus we will only enforce bans on PC players. We will only issue bans for the games we support (currently only BF4) however we are having a discussion right now about whether we will already start to enforce BF3 bans before we go live with the Battlefield 3 support or not.

TL;DR -> For now we only enforce Battlefield 4 bans on PC

~Nadeko

• hockeeyyy
    User

"

"
    EBASHU8KASHU
    We are a PC focused AC organisation thus we will only enforce bans of PC players. We will only issue bans for the games we support (currently only BF4) however we are having a discussion right now about whether we will already start to enforce BF3 bans before we go live with the Battlefield 3 support or not.

TL;DR -> For now we only enforce Battlefield 4 bans on PC

~Nadeko

Nadeko

Thx. So for now you ban only players who used hacks in bf4? Did I understand everything correctly? Or it makes sense yet to make reports on players who have been banned or busted by vids in BF3\BFH?

• hockeeyyy
    MXT
    User

"

Thx. So for now you ban only players who used hacks in bf4? Did I understand everything correctly? Or it makes sense yet to make reports on players who have been banned or busted by vids in BF3\BFH?

EBASHU8KASHU
    We most likely will not add Battlefield Hardline to our supported games list as the game is rather dead on PC.
    For now only use BF4 bans as a reason to report and wait with BF3 reports until our Battlefield 3 support went live. This might take some time as we want to get the Battlefield 4 support up and running stable. After we accomplished our main goals we will add Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 1 to our list so the community can also use Battlefield 3 bans as a reason to report.

~Nadeko