This thread is locked, you cannot reply.
  • CubanJew
    User
    Member since June 15, 2017

Rebuttal to Original Report:

I was reported by H4ilToTheKing here for alleged "BPM hacking" in this video that I uploaded. Let me begin by explaining the origin of the video, which consists of 2 separate clips. A fellow player (not h4iltotheking) accused me of foul play. Specifically, he claimed that I had no Line-of-Sight (LOS) on him. I voluntarily uploaded footage of two such encounters with the goal of him seeing what I saw on my end to alleviate his concerns. H4ilToTheKing, who has a long history of pissy-fits/grudge against me (which I will get to later), looked at this video, saw an anomaly, and immediately jumped on the hackusation wagon and reported me. He stated that I fired a total of 9 zuni rockets (out of a 8-max magazine) between 0:58-1:01. I re-watched the footage and absolutely agree that I see 9 zunis fired. I have no clear answer for you, other than you’ve got to be kidding me? This is the basis for my "multihack" ban? Is BF4DB this loose with handing out bans? The only reasonable answer I can give you is that this is an artifact of rubber-banding/animation-stuttering. Have you never come across yourself, or heard reports of, visual/animation bugs associated with BF4? I know I’m not the only player who suffers multiplayer performance issues on certain maps. You can find plenty of stuff on youtube. Specifically for me, it is virtually all Naval Strike DLC maps containing large bodies of water and Dragon Pass. This is clearly not an air-tight counterargument, but what else am I supposed to do? Provide some deep technical discussion of the frostbite game engine / MP mechanics and hypothesize how this could of happened? Spend copious amounts of time trying to recreate the situation on video? Let’s step back and consider the logic behind the accusation, because it really doesn’t pass the smell test.

1. Why would I voluntarily provide "dirty" footage of myself in an attempt to vindicate myself in the first place?
    2. I’ve never come across a "god mode" (infinite health/ammo) hack in a punkbuster-enabled BF4 server. Have you? How is what I’m being accused of any different? And if I did possesses such capability, why would I limit myself to a mere +1 extra rocket? Of course naturally, I fully predict H4ilToTheKing’s rebuttal to be along the lines of "to try to conceal your hack". Is player ammo really not tracked server-side? Do you know the answer to this question as a matter of fact, or best guess attempt? Do you know if this is technically feasible to accomplish? Is there an authentic/legitimate documented case or proof of concept of something like this? Why am I put in the position to have to explain the game’s programming to prove my innocence? You can’t seriously say with 100% confidence that this game is free of bugs. Hell, just think of the TV missile bug where it destroys your own helicopter upon firing. That bug has been in the game since day 1 and hasn’t (and will never be) fixed.
    3. Look at my stats. Do you honestly see anything that’s even remotely suspicious? Look at the trends as well. I have logged 3562.5 hours of playtime in BF4. The feud between Hackers and the Anti-Cheat (AC) community is a giant cat-mouse game; sooner or later every hacker gets caught. Does it really makes sense that after 3562.5 hours, this one-second of circumstantial video evidence defines my entire BF4 career, and that I had eluded everyone (including H4il) for this long? Do you think this game is free of bugs? Isn’t it inevitable that after 3562.5 hours you’re bound to run into a bug that can’t be explained by someone other than the game’s designers
    4. There’s nothing in that video to even prove that the ‘extra’ rocket was acknowledged by the server (no extra damage points awarded).

Let me also specifically address the following statement made by H4ilToTheKing’s in his report of me:

"He removed his video because he was told it was being used against him."

The reason I set the video to private (and this will make a lot more sense after you read the next section) is that I wanted to have a chance to review this new accusation for myself and issue a response before H4ilToTheKing could launch yet another witch hunt against me in his incessant obsession of getting me banned with completely ridiculous allegations. It literally hadn’t even been 24 hours since his previous public accusation of me (which he immediately had to recant after realizing how he was wrong). I received a notification on my phone in the middle of the day yesterday saying someone left the following comment on my youtube video in question:

"At 57 seconds 9 rockets shot out, how is that possible?"

2 hours later I receive another notification with someone else leaving the following comment:

"Enjoy the ban bitch. You recorded yourself BPM hacking."

Like many other working professionals, I’m at work in the middle of a weekday and don’t have time to be distracted with this type of drama (especially considering that my job function involves nuclear technology). I changed the youtube video from ‘unlisted’ to ‘private’ to simply put a pin in H4ilToTheKing’s brigadeering so that I could address this later in the day at home. Well low and behold by the time I get home BF4DB has already issued a ban, and H4ilToTheKing’s version of the events has been entered into the history books. From start to finish in under 24 hours.

Background History on the accuser (H4ilToTheKing):

H4ilToTheKing has had a vindictive obsessive vendetta against me since he first encountered me. He has spent 734 hours on the NWG BF4 server, and has been absolutely convinced in his mind that I’m a ‘hacker’ since the very beginning. He has repeatedly tried to report me with nonsensical arguments. He’s been proven wrong time and time again, but has always remained unwilling to reason or have a constructive discussion. His behavior has escalated over time, becoming increasingly more abrasive and disruptive. It has peaked well into the harassment territory, and at this point you are enabling his destructive behavior by allowing him to wrongfully defame innocent players.

H4ilToTheKing has a long history of delusional and baseless accusations. And not just against me.

• Just in the past month he led you to falsely ban TwoSevenINF over something that was completely non-questionable. You promptly repealed the ban and issued an apology.
    • Heres another instance where H4ilToTheKing (under the alias of day01& subsequently lolbye) tried to label yet another player as a hacker, but ended up being publically outed and shown how flawed and wrong his logic/reasoning was for his accusation: : video  forum thread
    • Yet another community that banned H4ilToTheKing for this exact behavior; “you complain non stop about ppl you think are cheating…”
    • The NWG clan admins have a giant folder with all the ridiculously false accusations they’ve received from H4ilToTheKing on a myriad of players. All of these can be provided to you upon request.
    • I happened to have a few clips saved of other similar-natured accusations made by H4ilToTheKing against myself, which I systematically debunk:  video

Do you see a pattern emerging here of destructive and delusional behavior? I really didn’t want to publically attack his character, but I can’t find any other words to summarize it. These are clear signs of a mental health problem.

Almost every game H4ilToTheKing accuses someone of hacking. Almost every accusation of his is just completely wild. Here’s some of the common accusations he likes to throw around:

• Packet injecting
    • Health hacking
    • "Curvin’ bullets"
    • "Spinning"
    • "BPM hacking"

Obviously the above is anecdotal information, but I can provide you with a plethora of character witnesses to backup these claims.

Honestly it’s just fucking exhausting at this point. As soon as you prove him wrong with one accusation he’ll lob another. It’s a never ending circle, and clearly a numbers game for H4ilToTheKing. The burden of proof with H4ilToTheKing’s accusations always rests with the accused, which is especially troublesome considering the frequency of them, and also for times when there is no clear explanation.

In summary, I ask you to watch the video submitted against me once more and ask yourself the following questions before making a verdict:

1. Is the one-second segment of the video where you see an extra zuni rocket fired definitive proof that I am hacking? Of all the video "evidence" that H4ilToTheKing has tried (and failed) to use against me, this is the smoking gun?
    2. Is this video circumstantial?
    3. Am I certain this is the correct decision? Am I willing to stand by my decision no matter what? If I am somehow woefully proven wrong, am I willing to take responsibility for my action with a public apology and consider resigning from my position?

In my mind, the actions you’ve taken against me undermines the credibility of the anti-cheat community and integrity of BF4DB for exactly how little evidence you need to ban someone and permanently shame their name. I won’t ever have the same reaction when someone claims they were ‘falsely’ banned for hacking, because apparently it happens more often than I would have liked to think.

BTW: your forgot-password system is broken. Nothing happens when I click 'reset' after following the link sent to my email and filling everything out. I tried both Chrome and Internet Explorer.

• CubanJew
    User
    Member since June 15, 2017

Also, doesn't the video submitted against me violate your own ban policy. Specifically, "All submitted videos used as evidence must be uneditted for two consecutive minutes per scene;"

Edit:  Please excuse the crazy post formatting. That is not at all how it looked like before I submitted the thread. Your forum won't let me edit the original post, as I get the following error:

" Your post must be between 5 and 2000 characters long."

• CubanJew
    User
    Member since May 28, 2017

Duplicated

• CubanJew
    User
    Member since May 05, 2017

Appeal approved.  We spent the last two hours trying to duplicate this and we were able to.  I specifically went to my friends to get it out for you.  

• CubanJew
    User
    Member since May 13, 2017

Hockey, you are the man. How sweet it is :)

• CubanJew
    User

No problem.  I rather we make a mistake and learn from it than make a mistake and avoid criticism.  We deserved it in this case; a little too hasty on our part.  For that, we apologize.  This is something we will be adding to our memory banks for future references if they ever come up.

• CubanJew
    User
    Member since May 13, 2017

Trial and error my friend! If you could only understand the backstory to the vendetta this lunatic has against us. Either way, cheers! Stop by our server sometime and hang out man. NWG #1, HC 64 person mixed modes!

• CubanJew
    MXT
    User

As I issued the ban I will throw my statement in here;

I appologize for the incident and will make sure that no additional bans are issued based on this glitch. I / We were unaware that this in fact is a thing that happens in first person gameplay and not only on the screen of a third person spectator!

Appeal approved,

Ban has been removed!

/Thread closed.